John Marston: Since we were Kids

John Marston X Female Reader (Arthur's younger sister)

Summary: You are Arthur's little sister and John has been a part of your life since you were a child. It doesn't take too long for you both to realise that your love isn't platonic. To put is simply, you and John have been together since you were kids.

Word Count: 2700

You joined the Van der Linde gang with your older brother, Arthur, when you were only a child. Dutch and Hosea had taken you both under their wing, getting you off of the street and giving you a home as well as a new family. A few years later John Marston joined the gang, he was about your age so it was natural that you both became friends.

Arthur, John, and you became close pretty quickly. You were family and would do anything for each other. As the three of you got older it became pretty clear to John that the way he felt for you was very different than the way he felt about Arthur, he felt closer to you. His love for you wasn't platonic.

John was your first kiss, your first boyfriend, your first everything actually. And you were his first everything as well.

-----

You were about 15 when you shared your first kiss with John, you had known him for about 3 years and you knew that you definitely had feelings for him. Arthur was drinking and talking with Dutch and Hosea, not paying any attention to you or John.

"Hey" John smiled as he stood in front of you, you knew that he was up to something from the little twinkle in his eye. "Come with me" he insisted, nodding his head towards the trees.

"Where are we going?" you asked as you followed him towards the treeline, it never took much convincing for you to follow John into whatever scheme he had planned that day. If John got into trouble, the chances were that you where right by his side.

John turned to you and showed you the bottle of whiskey that he had stolen from camp, you just raised an eyebrow and laughed to yourself. Just before you both left the camp, John grabbed a lantern, since it was getting dark. You continued to follow John until you found somewhere in the forest to sit down, somewhere were the others wouldn't be able to see you.

You both sat down, crossed legged, on the ground, sitting opposite each other. John placed the lantern down beside you both and placed the whiskey bottle down between the two of you.

You and John weren't allowed to drink since Hosea and Dutch told you both that you were too young, and Arthur is very protective over you so he doesn't like the idea of you drinking too much just yet. Occasionally your brother or one of your adoptive fathers would give you both a beer or two when they were celebrating but that was pretty much the extent of it, they were surprisingly responsible when it came to you.

"Here, you can have the first drink" John offered as he opened the bottle and held it out to you, what a gentleman.

"Thanks" you smiled as you took the bottle from him. You brought the bottle up to your lips and took a confident sip, the liquid burnt your throat on the way down causing you to cough as you lowered the bottle. You laughed to yourself as you held the bottle back out to John. "That's awful" you cringed, stilling laughing as you shook your head and John took the bottle from you.

"I can't be that bad" John scoffed before taking a sip with just as much confidence as you had, just as you expected, he reacted the same way. He attempted to hide his cough but it just made you laugh, and John ended up laughing along with you. "Okay, it was that bad" he nodded, silently apologising for doubting you.

"It's probably just something that you get used too" you hummed, since you knew that Dutch could drink this stuff without even wincing.

"Yeah, I think you're right" John nodded before taking another sip from the bottle, this time he didn't react as badly. "The second sip isn't so bad" he assured you with a smile as he handed you the bottle.