Chapter 20. Step-Sister

Ariana's POV

"Danny!" The girl squealed as she -thankfully- backed away from Daniel, prying her hands of off him.

Why do I sound like a jealous lover?

"When did you return back from Veneton, Carla?" Daniel asked with that sweet smile still intact on his face.

"Veneton? Uh...yeah! I returned back just now. You missed me, right? I knew it," the girl named Carla grinned wounding an arm around Daniel's shoulder.

I swear I'm feeling this raging fire inside my heart just looking at them both acting all lovey dovey. Wahh...I feel like crying. For the sake of Lord, I'm not the jealous type of woman.

On a closer note, why am I even jealous? It's not like Daniel and I have a real husband and wife relationship or whatever.

"My my, who is she...? Hang in there, I think I know," I didn't notice it earlier but Carla was now looking at me.

I'm taken by surprise when she immediately waddles over to me as she gives me a hug, squeezing the air out of me.

"She's beautiful!" Carla does a happy dance once she let's me go and holds my hand.

"So, tell me. How did you guys fall in love? When did Danny propose to you? The brute didnt even inform me about his wedding earlier. He got married just like that. I know my brother looks cold and all but he's really romantic. Maybe?" She keeps on blabberring and questioning me about the things I have no idea about. I give Daniel a -what-should-I-say- look.

Wait a second,

Did she just say 'Brother'?

Oh my...how could I forget?!

According to the tabloids and newspapers, the werewolf royal family had three siblings. Ariel and Daniel are the original heirs. The childrens of the original royalblood werewolf queen and king. While Carla must be the daughter of the King's second wife. Few years after the King's mysterious death, his second wife took over the throne. The replaced werewolf queen was killed by the vampire king Evan Davies because she was a black witch practising dark and forbidden magic. The former queen had created quite a havoc in the kingdoms back then.

Carla was rumoured to be a witch as well but the vampire king, Ariel and Daniel had cleared all the rumours cast on Carla's name since she was innocent and was just caught up in all her mother's mess. She's a half-royalblood werewolf though. Her mother, the former queen, Diana Rodriguez, was a heartless woman. She had killed her sisters and parents for the sake of powers then what better could she do to her daughter? Who knows she might have even killed her own daughter for powers.

All in all, Carla is Daniel's step-sister.

So all that feeling jealous thing was really worthless. I can't believe I was fuming few minutes ago seeing Carla hug her own brother.

What a big fool I am! Why was I even jealous in the first place?

"Hey! Are you still there?" Carla was waving her hand in front of my face making me snap out of my reverie.

I managed to put up a bright smile as I bought my attention back on her. She asked me a few questions to which I have no absolute answers.

Thankfully, Daniel interjected our conversation as he wound his right arm around mine and left arm around Carla's shoulder, standing between the both of us.

"Carla, didn't you say you just arrived? You should go freshen up. You can do the talking later maybe?" Daniel said to which Carla nodded her head as if listening to the major commander.