28

After Kang Zixian had finished talking about his proposal, I fell into silence. Standing together with him under the eaves watching the rain and listening to the wind for the next few minutes, both of us did not speak again.

It was raining non-stop. In my tormented mood, I felt afraid, so very afraid. I felt afraid that the rainwater would wet my feet but at the same time looked forward to seeing the raining scenery.....incomparable contradictions.

I was mentally struggling. To take a risk out of desperation and cut off his repeated entanglement with me.....or....now, turn to walk away and continue having entanglements with him which would never be cut off completely........

Frankly speaking, the former was more attractive to me because recently I was really badly troubled by this man beside me. His pair of charming eyes caused people to fall for him, caused people to be emotionally affected by him, caused people to be damned eternally.

And I was.....afraid of falling.....afraid my heart would be emotionally affected.....afraid I would be lost with no hope of redemption.

I and Fei Ge were emotionally strong on the outside but were actually cowards inside.

After ten minutes of serious thinking, I made a timid decision. "I agree to your proposal."

Kang Zixian did not speak. I squeezed out a reluctant smile and decided to make a declaration. "But I would like to state that I also know a little about men's wickedness. I'm willing to agree to your proposal because initially, you had taken care of me for a night. If it was not for that night, I don't think I can trust you at all."

"I have passed the age of naivety and even at that age, I did not dare to go and stay in a strange man's house. Today I promised you......as you have said, between the two of us, we need to settle this........ Our acquaintance was a mistake and it was all my fault, so......."

I paused, turned around and bravely looked into his dark black eyes, seriously said. "So, this mistake should also be corrected by me. Let me prove to you, we are completely incompatible and for the moment you are just obsessed or lonely."

Kang Zixian looked at me deeply, unable to see his emotions, his pupils reflected my serious expression. The dusk filled world was still dominated by the rain and wind but I could not see anything, could not hear anything, I only could see his focused eye and his eye reflected his timid lonely self.

Half an hour later, I was standing on the balcony of Kang Zixian's penthouse overlooking the city's gorgeous night scene. The sky was still drizzling and in that spacious apartment, I was prancing around and shouting non-stop.

He lived in the district that was considered as the city's best real estate and where the most high-end properties were located. The average property price was enough to scare off anyone.

And he lived in the penthouse of the building, overlooking the city's most unique scenery.

It really gave a feeling of being high up above everything else, through the clouds, proudly looking down on the mortal beings at one's feet.

As for the surrounding low-key luxurious settings, after the excitement had died down, I strongly felt all these were unreal.

The kitchen in Kang Zixian's penthouse was completely new. In the refrigerator, there was a lot of mineral water, in addition to two eggs, two tomatoes, a few rotten vegetable leaves including a packet of noodles which was enough to cook up a simple meal.

I looked at him, his bachelor days must have been a desolate one and his material life a barren one. So with full of mischief, I pointed my finger towards the fridge and said. "Hey, Kang Zixian, your refrigerator has only a few pieces of rotten vegetable leaves only, the one retreating fifty steps laughing at another retreating hundred steps*......" (The pot calling the kettle black - she is referring to that time he criticized her about her kitchen).