49

"I was born in United States but my grandmother persuaded my mother to let me stay in the country to receive my education. I was in high school when I was transferred to the States to further my studies......I was able to adapt well. Changing to a new environment was not difficult for me. Very quickly I was obsessed with rugby and wanted to join the school rugby team. At that time, the coach was called Bob, a big heavy man and he was always cursing."

He turned around and smiled at me. "He did not even give me the chance of being selected."

I was curious. "Why?"

"Old Bob was very frank. In front of my face, he told me that to play rugby, the body must be able to withstand collision movement which was not suitable for Asians who have small body frames. Little guys like me were more suitable for drinking beer on the sidelines and be part of the audience."

I did not turn away my head but stared at the man beside me who was telling a story. I held my breath, my intuition told me that the following part was something good.

"And then?" I thought for a while. "You are not the kind of person to give up so easily. What did you do?"

Kang Zixian's mouth curved slightly into a smile, firmly held on to the steering wheel. "Nothing much. Like he said, I drank beer on the sidelines and ate my hamburger."

Suddenly Kang Zixian turned his head and gave me a strange smile. "But sitting beside me was a person accompanying me as an audience."

"Who?"

"Old Bob has two daughters."

I almost jumped up from my seat, surprised and asked. "Heavens, you didn't seduce his daughters, did you?"

"Seduce?" Kang Zixian repeated the word with interest, not taking an exception and smiled. "I just happened to choose the same course as she did and happened to sit a bit closer to her only."

The man beside me made me very fearful but his open-minded attitude let people think he was magnanimous, even as the answer was clear but I still wanted to hear a different answer.

I did not give up but persisted. "You took the initiative to pursue her?"

"No, you are wrong. All this while I was attending class quietly and after school, I went to the rugby team training field to watch them train only and I did not do anything."

I rolled up my eyes. In my heart, I said that was because you did not do anything then the prey offered herself to the hunter which was considered more terrible. It seems that nothing was done but in fact, the gesture of raising one's hand had aroused the woman's interest and it would seem strange if you had not led her by her nose.

I silently cursed. When in high school, he was already this terrible......being humiliated he was still able to remain calm and collected. At an early age, he had trained himself to control his impatience and this type of personality really made one shudder.

And when I listened to him talk about his past involving him and other women, my heart really felt uncomfortable.

"Occasionally I would encounter Tracey at the side of the rugby field. Initially, we just talked and later, every day we would wait for each other at the rugby field until one day Bob waylaid me by the roadside and asked me. 'Young man, do you want to participate in the selection?' "

I widened my eyes. "Did you agree?"

Kang Zixian smiled slightly, shook his head and said. "No, I refused him."

"Why?"

I was puzzled. He had tried so hard to get close to the daughter so as to get into the team, right?