Last Chapter- Happy Ending?

"When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can even tear them apart."
-From google -
     .. ... .......

I

t had been two days since she was in her parents' home, locking herself in the room.

These two days she hadn't contacted Sahir nor gone to university.

This whole scenario was crushing her soul, draining all the energy and happiness from her being.

"Saba?" Her mother stepped into the room while she was leaning against the headboard.

"Yes?" She said, tiredness lacing her tone.

"Sahir is on the call."

Her face became pale while tiredness seeped deeper into her bones. Her mother extended the phone so she had no choice but to attend it.

"Hello?"

Her mother went outside to give them privacy.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Sahir's furious voice boomed from the other side.

"I just want to be alone for some time." Her voice was a half whisper.

"Why?"

"You know the reason." A lump of tears stung in her throat.

"No, I don't. Explain it to me."

His voice became soft at hearing tears in her voice, but still, it remained cold and serious.

"You have heard what everyone else is saying. I think staff also have started discussing us in………..bad words."

She stopped herself from using any harsh terms and settled on "bad words". Her voice was defeated at which Sahir's lips turned into a thin line and worry for her rippled in his orbs.

"Saba, you can't solve any issue of the world by running away from it. Face it, dude. Tomorrow, come to the university, and let's solve this issue together. Your studies and your future are more important than these mere gossips of some idle people."

He said softly at which she nodded her head while tears stung her eyes.

"Answer me."

His voice became a bit frustrated.

"I nodded my head." She replied with a soft chuckle while tears were swimming in her orbs. At her reply, Sahir also chuckled.

After hanging up the call, she went outside to sit with her parents.

"Are you facing any issues in your married life?"

Mr. Akram asked her at which she shook her head.

"Then why haven't we seen you happy after marriage?" 

Saba's mother asked her at which she became a bit self-conscious.

"No. I am happy." She gave a weak smile to her parents.

"Saba, we know something is off between you and Sahir since the beginning of this relationship. We were not interfering because we want both of you to give time to each other and accept this relationship. Sahir's parents and we know there were issues in your relationship but we were waiting for both of you to discuss it with us."