24 | Caught In The Act

BRYCE

          I WAS ALREADY IN BED when Alyssa came back to our bedroom. I close my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I know I was being a bit harsh awhile ago, but I was just having a bad day. I'm stupid for acting the way I did. She's not the problem. She didn't do anything wrong. I did. It is eating me alive. Slowly killing me. I can't face her, knowing that I did something so unforgivable.

The girl who loved me for who I am. Accepted me for who I was back then, a bad boy. Alyssa is such a innocent, kind hearted woman. She is genuine and always wishes the best & happiness to everyone. She has a kind soul! She is very beautiful, smart, talented, and wife material! But.... I just don't love her anymore. My heart always belonged to Maria.

Alyssa deserves better.

I am such a jerk. She'll hate me forever. And if she finds out about me and Maria, everything won't be the same anymore. 

And plus, I'm feeling so stressed. Someone has been sending me threat messages... about me and Maria. Whoever that is doesn't want us together...but who?

The bed dips and I feel her scoot closer to me, wrapping her arm around me but I don't turn around to face her. I could feel her gaze on me in the dark.

"I love you," I hear her whisper behind me, kissing me on the back before cuddling me.

          ***

"Good morning, my love,"

    I come out of the bathroom, running my hands through my hair as I look at Alyssa who was still in bed.

"Good morning," was all I said, grabbing some clothes before heading back to change in the bathroom. After I was dressed, I headed out to find Alyssa checking her phone. When she sees me, she smiles a little. "Today Maria's going home."

I really wanted to shout, to say no to letting her go. But I simply glanced at her, saying,"Okay."

All the while, trying to keep in mind to call Maria when I leave. We haven't spoken in awhile. We simply didn't get the chance to as we have our own things to do, and I'm also being careful. My company is on the line here as well.

When Alyssa had her turn to take a bath, I quickly wrote a few words on a sticky note to give Maria on my way out. I adjust my tie before walking out of our room. There were maids around, already cleaning or just preparing breakfast. So as much as possible without drawing attention, I walk by Maria who looked a bit pale, quickly placing it in her hands. I walk away from her, hoping she reads it.

       MARIA

             We need to talk.

            I STARE at the sticky note with Bryce's phone number. I was staring at it for awhile while in the library that they had in the mansion.

"Let me drop you off. I'm actually meeting my brother today and his new place is around your area."

I look up to see Alyssa standing there in a white dress. She smiles, eyes sparkling with happiness.

"You don't have to." I tell her, standing up.

"What do you have there?" Her eyes dropped to the black sticky note that had star stickers on it.

"Nothing," I shook my head at her, hiding the note from her.

She cocks her head slightly, as if not believe me.