Hey... Its me, Peter.

Peter heard the wind whistle against the suit. Patrol wasn't very eventful and he decided to find a nice spot to settle down on till the sun set.

He shot three more webs and landed on a rooftop.

It was on one of New York's taller buildings and had a magical view.

Peter sat on the edge of the building and swung his legs back and forth.

The sun slowly moved towards the horizon between the thick skyscrapers of New York, leaving its rays of sunshine to paint the clouds in shades of pink and orange.

"Nice." Peter said and picked up the phone from the backpack he'd brought up with him.

He pulled the mask off and shook his head to dry the sweaty curls that slightly blocked his vision.

He pressed the button under the name 'IronMan😱' and held the phone against his ear.

Beep. Peter used his other hand to pull out a sandwich from his backpack. Beep. He took a bite from the sandwich as he waited for Tony to answer. Beep. He started chewing. Beep. He swallowed.

"Hi, you've reached Tonys private phone so you must be an important person. Congrats to you."

"Hey... It's me, Peter. But I guess you already knew that since you probably can see my name on your phone," Peter shook his head in attempt to remove the blush on his cheeks, "anyways, patrol's been kind of silent so I'm about to head home. Are we still on for tomorrow? Alright, call me back if you want, bye."

Peter sighed and put the phone down. It wasn't like Tony not to answer him, in fact - Tony was the one who made the rule that Peter always was to contact him after patrol.
Peter drew the conclusion that something must be wrong.

He took the last bite of the sandwich and packed his bag, pulled the mask on and jumped peacefully off of the building with the wind whistling behind his ears.

After a few minutes of swinging, he entered the Stark Tower rooftop as he usually does when entering as Spider-Man.

He walked down the hallway and began to hear glad laughs and voices coming from the living room.

"Yeah, I'm staying! Tony offered me an internship so I guess I don't have a choice!"

"That's so cool! We're glad to have you here, Harley!"

"Yeah! We're looking forward to working with you!"

"Yeah.. Harley really is the best!
Come on, kid, let me show you the labs."

At that Peter stopped. He froze.
He could hear the owners of the voices and it hurt him deep in his heart.

Tony had called Harley kid, which was his nickname. And Pepper? Peter always thought she of anyone would stand by Peter.

Yeah, maybe he was a little jealous. But didn't he have the right to be? Harley has basically stolen his place.

Peter shook his head to stop the tears from coming and went back the way he came.

He sprinted off the roof and swung his way home through the dark city.

He opened the window carefully while biting his underlip.
When he got in he left it opened and quickly changed before burying himself in blankets and sheets on his bed.

He still couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe that Tony had called Harley kid. He couldn't bare the thought of ever being called that again. At least not in the same way as before.

Peter fell asleep thinking Tony ignored his call while hanging out with his new favorite kid Harley and the other Avengers.