The Gamer of Gensokyo

(Y/N): Ah, I love these mountains.

You did as you were hiking in the Appalachian mountains. You love being outdoors and hiking and the beauty of these mountains. You've been traveling cross country on vacation reconnecting with the outdoors from your job. You work with a game cooperation pitching and selling ideas for them and you've been looking forward to your vacation.

(Y/N): I haven't been out here in years. I missed these mountains.

Unfortunately you were never blessed with good luck in life and while out hiking, well a rockslide came down on top of you on the trail.

(Y/N): Wait what?

Suddenly a rock slide came down and was gonna hit you in the face when all of a sudden you were pulled from it. You looked down and could see your body and the rock slide but everything was stopped. As if time was frozen.

(Y/N): W-what. What happened? Am I dead?

No. At least not yet

Words began to be displayed in front of him as if on a game screen.

(Y/N): What the-

You have been selected to for a celestial project Mr. (L/N)

(Y/N): A what now?

Basically you've been given a restart.

(Y/N): A restart? So I'm dead then?

No but if you decide to refuse our offer. The alternative is riding under a rockslide all the way down a mountain.

(Y/N): ... I'll take it.

Excellent.

Everything faded to white for a moment then as if waking up from a dream you opened your eyes and look up at the clear blue sky.

(Y/N): *yawns* what a dream. Wait a minute. Why am I in the grass? And why do I sound like I'm back in high school?

You got up and ran over to a body of water and looked at your reflection and sure enough. You looked like you were 17 again.

(Y/N): how?

Suddenly a display screen popped up

Welcome (Y/N)(L/N) aka "The Gamer of Gensokyo"

(Y/N): The what now? I'm a gamer?

That's right. Would you like start the tutorial program?

Quest Alert: Complete the Tutorial
Reward: 1000 xp and 3 random skill books

(Y/N): Considering how out of touch with games I am. Yes

(You may be a designer, but not much of a player anymore)

Tutorial Program Activated. Initiating Phase 1: Status

A status list popped up

(Y/N)(L/N)

Titles: The Gamer of Gensokyo

Lv: 1

XP: 0

Health: 100/100

Stamina: 100/100

Magicka: 10/10

Strength: 0

Agility: 0

Athleticism: 0

Endurance: 0

Wisdom: 0

Intelligence: 0