CHAPTER 27.

Amazing Cover By UshbaAnsari
Thank you, love.❤️

ENJOY

ENJOY.🌸

"How's your dad Tyler?" My dad asked, who was sitting at one end of the table with mom on his right.

"He is doing great, Uncle," Tyler answered, raising his head up from the Chinese before him. He sat on mom's right and to his right was Noah.

"Oh. George is fine." My dad said, wiping his face off with a handkerchief.

"We heard about your mother, Tyler. How's she now?" My mom said, looking at him.

He straightened his posture, dropping the fork and spoon on the plate. "Uh-uh..." He hesitated.

Noah placed his hand on Tyler's and squeezed it and they both looked at each other. I eyed both of them in confusion but none of them met my eyes.

"She is doing fine too. We lost all hope when doctors told us her condition was critical. We can't thank enough that she is with us. Happy and alive." He had a small smile on his face. Why Tyler didn't answer my mother?

"I know how hard it must be for you all after you..." My dad cleared his throat as he squeezed my mom's hand. My gaze moved between Tyler and Noah and confusion took over my face when they both shifted uncomfortably on their chairs. Were they hiding something? Hard after who?

"Anyway, let's talk about something else." My dad said, lightening up the atmosphere. I roamed my eyes around and found everyone silently eating their food. The most awkward silence.

"So how's the food?" My mom, asked as she broke the silence.

"It's amazing." Noah and Tyler said in unison. Everyone chuckled.

I kept taking glances at Tyler who was avoiding eye contact with me and it was pissing me off.

"So you and Noah work together?" We all looked at dad.

Tyler nodded. Why is he being so innocent? Where is his 'no one asks me this many questions' zone?

I licked the delicious sauce on the Mexican steak. "God this is so delicious." I moaned.

"Vanessa!" My mom raised her voice a bit and glared at me.

I dropped the fork and knife on the table and shrugged. "What mom? I can't even enjoy the food now?" I rolled my eyes.