Chapter V

**Introductions**
These people were crazy. Along with the two men, who were apparently the ones at fault for causing the fires, there were four other members inside the hideout. The first person to grab my attention was a large, round... man? Calling him large was actually an understatement, this guy was gigantic. He wore a long, black gown that draped past his knees, and a pair of red earrings that dangled all the way down to his shoulders. Looking at him, the only real features I could make out were his beady white eyes, but the rest of his face was shadowed by this grey smoke that seemed to rise from his mouth. He kinda gave me the creeps, but he didn't intimidate me nearly as much as the boy in blue had.
The next person I noticed was a pink haired woman who wore only the bare minimum of what she had to. Her body was one to be confident of, but no one around her really seemed to take notice of it. Right beside her was a girl, this one looked like she didn't even pass 4 foot and her size wasn't the only thing that took me by surprise, the amount of food she was stuffing inside her mouth almost had me gaping like a fish. It was like watching a wild animal who hadn't eaten in weeks. Around her, humanesque sheep stood quietly, their eyes watching every movement I made. I would've thought they were cute in any other situation excluding the one I had found myself in. My attention was then drawn to an average looking man who stood in front of a floating mirror. Bright red blood gushed from his nose and ran down his face as he gazed down at his grimoire in awe. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on with him, but I did hear him say something about his precious little sister.
Fire balls and lightning bolts continued to rain down on the buildings interior, breaking anything and everything that was breakable, only to be reassembled before being broken again. Everyone was screaming and yelling, excluding the big guy, and all the excitement was beginning to freak me out. I was about to turn around and leave before Yami's voice stopped me in my tracks.
The entire building went dead silent, and everyone looked at Yami, who had, after telling us to stop breaking things, ironically broken a gaping hole into the side of the hideout.
A moment of still silence passed before they all turned towards Yami and screamed, "Captain!"
"Yeah yeah," he muttered, watching their advance, "glad to know how much you missed me, now shut up will ya?" His voice was an icy monotone.
Almost simultaneously, all of them sat down and apologized, and Asta, not to my surprise, somehow ended up underneath the big guy.
"Now I'd like you to meet our... where'd he go?"  Yami looked around for Asta, his eyes landing on me in the process. I nodded my head over to where Asta was practically being squished to death and Yami followed the gesture, his gaze settling on the two.
"Stop messin'around will ya?" Yami spoke like Asta wasn't seconds away from passing out. Weirdly enough, Asta managed his way back up in front of everyone, standing next to Yami and I.
"Now as I was saying, this shrimp here is our other new member," Yami spoke and gestured to Asta, who in turn asked, "what do you mean other?" Yami didn't answer, but instead instructed Asta to introduce himself.
"I'm Asta from Hage Village," His prepubescent voice boomed and hearing it only resulted in the dull thrum of a headache beginning to form. One of the crazy guys, the one with black hair, made a comment about how Hage was out in the sticks, but after that I sort of tuned out.
Looking around the hideout, the interior was made entirely out of the same brick that lined the exterior, it was blackened and worn but still held an certain aesthetic appeal. Above us, a wooden bannister ran around the interiors walls, hinting to an upper floor.
"Hey, do me next!" A high pitched voice echoed around the hall, and the sound of it snapped me out of my curious gazing. The blonde kid was standing with a big smile on his face.
"Luck Voltia, a battle freak who's addicted to fighting, but he's good people," Finral introduced him.
Good people... sure, I thought, suppressing my urge to scoff. I looked at him only to see him attempting to pick a fight with Asta and I made a mental note to stay as far away from that kid as I possibly could. The other members were introduced, the creepy guy with the nosebleed was Gauche, the short chick was Charmy, the big dude with the earrings was Grey, and the guy who was previously fighting with Luck was named Magna. I missed the other two's names, but I didn't really care all that much, the only thing I did care about was keeping my distance from Luck.
"Oh I almost forgot, this is Elizabeth," Yami grumbled and everyone turned their attention to me. I inched back under all of their gazes, but a particular pair of stark blue eyes made me want to run in the opposite direction all together. There was a couple of moments of still silence before a slurred voice broke the tension.
"Damn girl, you're hot!" The half naked lady hiccuped then let out a drunken chuckle. She wondered her way over to me, put her arm across my shoulders and said, "Wanna take a drink sweety?"
The offer itself was compelling, I had never had alcohol before, but subconsciously my eyes flicked over in Lucks direction and thoughts of letting my guard down were repelled with the fear of being unable to protect myself. I shook my head, pretending like I was merely uninterested, but the girl, as drunk as she was, had seen my uneasy glance.
Letting her arm fall away from my shoulders, she shrugged and waddled back to the couch she had gotten up from.
"Well gang lets go, give Asta here a good work out...but try not to kill him."
________________________________
A//N: I finally got the chapter out, lord it took so long. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and thanks for reading!