Part 11

I wandered around in the woods for several hours. I tried not to sit in one spot for too long just in case someone was looking for me. I wasn't running away from the pack. I had no where to go, I had Amelia, and I couldn't risk ending up somewhere like wolfsbane again. I stuck close enough toward the middle of the territory so that I could avoid patrol but not close enough to be seen by other pack members.

~Rylan.~ Aaron said.

I jumped and spun around to see where Aaron was but the woods around me seemed empty.

~I know you can't answer but you need to come home. We are getting worried and if you aren't home soon we will have to send patrol after you.~ Aaron said.

I glanced around again just in case I had some how managed to miss seeing him among the trees. He was still nowhere to be found which left only one conclusion. Aaron had just mind linked me. Had he always been able to do that? I knew he had some magical abilities because he had bound Amelia's powers back when she first arrived in Willow pack so that Matthew could help her. He'd performed the spell so casually I hadn't thought much about it since. Even after all the books I had read about magical abilities, trying to learn more about it, I hadn't even considered asking Aaron for help. It was fairly obvious now that he knew way more than he was letting on. He had even mentioned that mindlinks were fragile and difficult to use. I'd never considered that he knew so much about it because he could do it too. 

My head was still spinning with this new information when I began climbing the steps to the pack house. Aaron could mind link, from a distance, just like I had with Quinn a few months ago. I was too engrossed in my thoughts to notice Alex and Aaron on the porch until they stood up.

"Are you alright?" Alex asked glancing at my partially torn sleeve.

I glanced at it as well and nodded.

"Where have you been? What happened?" Aaron asked.

"You attacked Quinn? Did he do that to your shirt?" Alex asked.

I shook my head and wracked my brain for answers. It was too many questions at once and I was back to not knowing which ones were actually safe to answer. I decided to ignore their questions and go with one of my own.

'Is Quinn ok?' I asked.

"His prides a little bruised and his arms still numb but Matthews sure there won't be any lasting damage. He said you caught him off guard. Were you sparing or fighting? He wouldn't tell us exactly what happened, just that he was really worried about you and we needed to find you and make sure that you're ok." Alex said.

'I'm fine.' I signed.

'We were arguing and...' I shook my head. 'I over reacted.'

"What were you fighting about?" Aaron asked.

'He...' I started but I couldn't think of anything to tell them. I couldn't tell them the real reason we had been fighting. If I did they would demand to see my arm as well and I didn't want to go through that again.

"I wanted to tell Silas about something that she isn't ready to share with others." Quinn said.

I turned slight so that he was in my line of sight as well. I hadn't heard him come out of the house. When he stepped closer to our group I took a small step back. Unfortunately my movement did not go unnoticed by any of the men on the porch.

"If it's something about her past then you have no right to press her about it. She's told us everything we needed to know. If there's more that she doesn't want to share yet, then so be it. Silas would be furious if he found out you were trying to force her to talk about something she's not ready to discuss." Aaron said taking a half step in front of me.