Nightmares

Peter sobbed into his pillow.

"No! No.. Please.." He cried as he clenched and then unclenched the sheets under him.

His room was almost black, but the slit between the curtains hanging before the window let a ray of moonshine hit the guest room floor.

Tony had planned to redecorate the guest room for Peter as his own, but he hadn't had the time since he had just moved in yesterday.

"Sir, it seems as if Peter is having a nightmare." Friday woke Tony from his sleep against the lab table.
He shrugged the tiredness off of him and made his way to Peters room with hurried steps.

When he knocked on the door Peter whined from inside.

"Please, Sir.. Don't take her too!" He snorted. The sweat from Peters body had wetted the white sheets around him causing him to freeze.

The eyes beneath the closed eyelids moved fast while his eyebrows now and then scrunched together.

Tony made his way quickly to the teenager. He sat down beside him in the bed and rubbed his back slowly.

"Hey, kid. It's okay, just a nightmare," Tony assured him.

The familiar voice woke Peter up, along with the sudden change of turn in his stomach.

"B-buck't," he squeaked and rolled himself to lay on his back.

Tony was already halfway out the room in a hurry before Peter could bare open his eyes.

Then Tony hurried in again and handed him the bucket which he immediately started coughing in.

The small amount of food that he'd agreed to eat last night was now forced into the bucket together with acid liquid that sore his throat.

After a last cough and splash in the bucket, Peter set it down beside him and fell back onto the bed, but before hitting it Tony caught him and lifted him up.

"Can't sleep yet, bud. Gotta clean you up first," Tony carried him to the bathroom and set him down the floor beside the toilet.

Peter was now almost asleep again, his head leaned in balance against the wall and arms relaxed against his straight out laid legs.

Tony drew some toilet paper off the roll and watered it a little in the sink before clenching down beside Peter.

He dragged the yesterday food off of the sides of Peters mouth and Peter started shaking his head slowly, right to left. He really didn't feel like doing this right now. His stomach hurt and his head pounded from the vomiting.

"I'm almost done, buddy," Tony flushed the paper down the toilet and took Peter up against his chest.

He put him down carefully in the bed not to wake him from the peaceful sleep he'd finally fallen into.

The new blankets by the wardrobe was pulled up to Peters head and surrounded his cold body with warmth.

Tony then sat down in the bed beside Peter and patted his head until he made sure it was okay to leave him.

"Love you, kid." He whispered and gave the boy a last look before making his way back to his bedroom.