Chapter 32: The last drop part 1

Plants: to eat leaves or tree trunks and to fight against foreign enemies such as bugs, they cannot move or run away from their set place. So in order to defend themselves there, they expel a substance to kill bugs and germs, defending themselves. That material is called phytoncide. Getting attacked by nearly a thousand insects and prepared for death, Toriko's body let out this substance. It is a defensive instinct produced by the gourmet cells. That is something Toriko's specialised sense organs's characteristics produced for the first time.

Rows of sharp teeth were revealed as the bug man's expression even more enraged then it had been this whole time. "Impossible.. The smell I hate most is in the air..." He growled out. Truth be told even though it can cause harm to insects and other creatures, it was an extremely benevolent substance in appearance. In forests, this effect improved mood and gave an invigorating refresh feeling. As a component of the smell in forests, a soothing and tranquil forest bath, was what basking in the phytoncide was. So back then, when Toriko thanked them for their hard work, Match felt back then of being wrapped in a huge forest and in that moment he was enveloped in a mysterious sensation and when the insects stopped their assault. Even at that moment, though it was just a little, this smell was already rising from Toriko's body?

Toriko's seemingly unnatural kindness and anger.. And actions of trying to take pity on his opponents even in the middle of battle.. Remembering the threat of the bugs, made Toriko's instinct... Calmly... That was what was in the soothing air Toriko emitted, the component analogous to the forest aroma that insects hated.. With Toriko's gourmet cells specialising in sense of smell, they eagerly specified that and steadily of this secreted the smell close to essential oil containing the phytoncide component from inside the body. Essential oil had a soothing smell that was used in things like aroma therapy. The reason that while in front of a tragedy, Match saw a forest appear before his eyes w as the effect smell...? Also.. Phytoncide was transmitted from tree to tree within forests. Though it was only a small amount, that scent had already traveled from Toriko to Match.

The movements of the insects that had been attacking Match had dulled because of that. One of the fighters stomped his foot, drawing attention once again. "It starts now, Tommy!! I'll give you a true, wild fight from me!" Not to anyone's surprise, the giant hunter seem really excited to get this brawl started. Tommyrod's face was really frightening as he growled back, "Idiot. If you'd just gotten killed by the bugs, your death would have been much easier!" The two men were standing within arms length from each other. Sarafina gazes at them before she called out to her temporary ally. "M-Match?" Sarafina called weakly, her voice startling him a bit. "Please forgive me, but... do you think you can help me get up...?"

"What a thing to ask. Are you hoping to accomplish?" The scarred man said as he stood up slowly and walked over to her. The fight between Toriko and the bug man was getting really bad, with Tommy LITERALLY biting chunks of flesh out of the giant hunter. "What in the hell were you doing earlier?" The vice boss asked as he carefully picked her up. "The way you were attacking that guy, the aura around wasn't normal. How did you do something like and why did it leave you like this?" Match had to really be careful with her. Her body was severely injured and was losing a lot of blood, how was she even still breathing?

Sarafina had simply gave him a sad smile and told him, "Even if I were to tell you...I don't think you would be able to understand. It's...just a curse I was inflicted with upon birth. That's all." The soft tone she used to say that, along with her smile, greatly confused the mafia man and many more question arose in his head. What curse? What was she talking about? How could she be smiling? And why was the pain he had been feeling was suddenly being reduced to nothing? He got his answer to that one as when he looked down, and saw a turquoise blue energy seeping from her body and into his own. It was healing him. She was healing him.