Engineered Empress Part 18

Chapter 18

A short nap later she woke up to Zar's finger pocking her side.

"Hey sleepy head, don't you know that bees need to keep busy?" She mumbled at him.

"I am not a bee."

"But didn't you say you pollinated some of your plants yourself? Don't bees do that? Bee!" she grumbled unintelligible.

"You are annoyingly like the little brother I never missed. Very, very annoying. Okay I am up." With a huge yawn, Bia stretched herself before checking the systems and found they were still 25 minutes out until controlled space.

"Zar?"

"Hmm."

"Is Damon angry?" incredulous he turned to her, a finger scratching his brow.

"Why would he be?"

"The pirate with the burns, I couldn't kill him."

"Oh Bia, you dispatched him fast and effectively. And he is still living. That is not a bad thing."

"But..."

"No but, if or when. Yesterday when we role played you took a risk before you fought. Today you didn't. You used your wits and knowledge. Your priority was right in choosing the first on in here before he got into your systems. Then you effectively stranded Leath in the room while taking out the one who wanted to free him. If this had been a test, I couldn't be prouder. And Damon sees it the same. Hey, see it this way, you took out three with your tactic, I only one. And don't mind Damon, he is just an over achiever. I am more worried that you get some nightmares from this."

"No... I don't think so. I know it was the right choice and maybe I cry tonight but it's not that I felt helpless or too afraid to act. I am just not sure if the oil was the right call. I mean it was very effective but also very gruesome and cruel."

"Bia think of it from his side. This way he is not dead and can go to trial. Who knows maybe he was shanghaied like Leath. And for the next time we get you some crowd suppression gas. Works the same way just without the burns."

"Don't forget new mugs and a new oven. That was a bad idea, effective... but really bad. I used every mug on this ship. Stupid now we need to use the culture cylinders from the lab to drink something." She deadpanned, and he smiled.

"Oh look, we are in transmission range." She mumbled to herself. 'Keplar III this is the Tharsis, a merchant from Hunters Back. Permission to dock at station after getting my pilot from the yard. Tharsis out.' She sent and received five minutes later. 'Tharsis, this is Keplar III station control, you got permission to dock at yard mooring three. Wait there for security. Station control out.'

"Is that normal?"

"Probably because they need to check our story. You can packet the feeds from the raid and send them over to them."

"Good Idea." Bia did just that and added the situation of Charlotte and Leath to it, requesting medical aid when docking for her. 'Station control, Tharsis here, I will send you a data packet for your security. We got raided entering your system but were having an aggressor with a stasis patch and a traumatized female with her sibling on board. Tharsis out' they received an affirmation for their data and docked at the yard.

Keplar III

When they moored at the space station, security guards entered the tube, knocked and demanded entry. Bia opened the airlock for them and waited in the corridor. Three men cycled in all wearing a dark blue uniform with the station emblem on their chest, the oldest of them said to Bia.