Chapter 2: Deja Vu

Ryzen POV

Just right after he said his last words, he suddenly disappeared and everything's dark again.

"Mission started. You are now occupying the body of a person named Millen Yu. In order to find out her lifetime wish, try to interact with her surroundings. Information will pop up automatically as soon as you look at certain people and places." a low voice said.

That voice... it's definitely that red-haired man's! How could he just leave me like that? Without any warnings, I felt like I fell into another world. I thought that he would still guide me or talk to me more, at least.

And, how crazy... how am I supposed to fulfill her lifetime wish if I don't even know it?

Suddenly, I opened my eyes and for the first time, it wasn't darkness anymore.

It was as if... I was living again.

What welcomed my sight was the white ceilings filled with fancy chandeliers. I was in an unfamiliar room.

Suddenly, I felt goosebumps as a mysterious voice spoke to me in my head.

"Millen Yu died because of taking illegal substances but the heavens pitied her a little for not achieving her lifetime wish. Thus, they have stored her body for people who will take transmigrating missions. From now on, I will communicate with you through this." he said.

It's the red-haired man! It's pretty weird how I can't see him at all but he can still communicate with me. It's almost as if he was speaking to me just through my brain or something.

This is crazy... definitely out of this world!

"Millen! Oh my! Thank goodness! I was about to call a doctor." someone suddenly said.

I turned my head sideways and found out that it was a girl who looked like in her early 20's. She had a long, wavy black hair and tanned skin.

Suddenly, I felt deja vu as unfamiliar memories flashed into my mind suddenly. These are the original body owner's memories!

"Juli." I unconsciously said.

The girl looking at me was the original body owner's best friend, Julienna Carpio. They have been childhood friends and even go to the same college. From her latest memories, it seemed like they went to a music festival. On that music festival, the original body owner, Millen, was offered a random drink and she foolishly took it... which, eventually resulted to her own death.

"We went to the usual music festival but then, after you drank that drink, you suddenly passed out! I was so scared that I brought you here first on my condo before taking you elsewhere. I know that you'd be scolded again if I brought you to the hospital again, so..." Juli said with a concerned voice.

Judging by her face, her eyes were also watery. She really cares for her friend, huh? Back in my previous life, I never had a real best friend because I was too focused on just one thing... my academics, my career. Although, I did have a sister who's like my best friend.

Suddenly, I felt another bolt come through. Another deja vu again.

More of the original body owner's memories flashed through my mind and it turns out that she is the only granddaughter of a well-known politician in the country, Zeus Costales. He was elected recently as a senate president of the country so he can't afford any scandals linked to him. Thus, Millen Yu, who is a natural party girl, avoids getting too much attention around this time. She has been the target of the media before for being too much of a party girl, affecting her grandfather's image.

I feel like my head's hurting from too much information so far...

I got up from the bed that I was lying down on and tried to stand up clumsily. Thankfully, Juli assisted me.

"Are you sure you're really okay, Millen?" Juli asked.

I tried to smile at her, but I could not do it genuinely.

Honestly, I am not fine. I'm not sure what I even put myself in.

"Yeah. I just need to go to the bathroom." I replied briefly.

Almost instinctively, I knew where the bathroom was in her condo. More memories flashed and it seems like the original body owner have stayed over here a lot of times.

When I got into the bathroom, I couldn't help but be surprised when I saw my new appearance at the mirror.

I am Ryzen Ferrada, a 27 year-old doctor specialising in Rheumatology. My original appearance was petite and short. I had naturally curly brown hair, hazel-green eyes and more westernised features. I was also blessed in certain areas.

But now... Millen Yu looks nothing like me. Her features are more Asian, with her almond eyes and straight-shaped eyebrows. She has straight, long black hair and pointy nose. While observing what I see on the mirror, she also has an athletic built and stands at atleast 5"5. She also had fair skin, but it had warm undertones.

Just like what I wanted, memories flashed again through my mind.

It turns out that Millen Yu is the only child of a prominent Chinese businessman in the country, Kenneth Yu. He was married to Katrina Costales-Yu, which is Senator Zeus Costales' only daughter.

She is from a pretty good family, huh? If you think about it, she pretty much have everything already.

Well, it's not like I'm not from a good family either. Although my father, Eric Ferrada, died when I was 5, he was a well-respected medical professor at the University of the Philippines. My mother, on the other hand, Rose Ferrada, is a celebrity doctor who is usually seen on TV. Although we might not be as high-profile and influential as Millen Yu's family, I'd say that my background is not that bad.

Speaking of my family, I miss them so much... I wonder how they're doing? I even promised my sister, Zaynah, that I'd bring her the treats that she wanted me to get for her in Japan.

I sighed as I stopped looking at my own, new reflection at the mirror. If I want to go back to them that badly, then I need to figure out Millen Yu's lifetime wish first and attain it quickly!

For that, I'll definitely need more clues and more people to talk to...