ᴍᴇʀᴇᴏʟᴇᴏɴᴀ ᴠᴇʀᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ || ʀᴇʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ

Requested by AngeBlossom

Happy reading ♡

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"Mereoleona-sama! Where are you?!" You shouted as you stroll through the forest where you and Mereoleona were staying for the night.

You were one of the Lionesses loyal servants. Ever since you were a child, you've been with her side to accommodate the things that she wants. However, due to Mereoleona's wild personality, all the things that she wants was beyond your reach! She would always order you to get her some strong people she could spar to, including some beasts she wanted to defeat. Of course, you were still a child that time cannot fulfill her wishes. That's why you're always telling it to her father about Mereoleona's request. She's manlier than his brother Fuegoleon! The Lioness likes to take risks and her intrepidity surely is admirable.

When Mereoleona and you became adults, the eldest Vermillion decided to wander off just to hunt some wild meats on the mountains. At first, it was preposterous for you and can't believe Mereoleona's desires but as soon as you know her adequately, you started to understand the mighty woman who can't ever be beaten by anyone, except for Acier, who is the mother of the Silva siblings.

Mereoleona admired the former captain of the Silver Eagles. Despite the Lioness' strength, she still can't defeat Acier. That's why when the steel magic-user was pregnant and died when Noelle was born, Mereoleona grieved at her death. But, that doesn't make her will to waver, even the person she admired the most was long gone, she still endeavours to strengthen herself and she's still violent as ever.

Mereoleona was supposed to be the Crimson Lion Kings next captain but knowing her, she doesn't have any interest in fighting and politics, that's why she only stayed behind the scenes. However, due to her stalwart abilities, she wasn't forgotten by the bureaucrats and royalties. Therefore she was titled the Uncrowned, Undefeated Lioness, Mereoleona Vermillion.

"Mereoleona-sama!" You're still searching for the missing Lioness. It's been like this whenever you just averted your gaze from her she would suddenly disappear like a bubble. In spite of that, she still finds her way to come back for you.

While you were searching for Mereoleona, you hear the bushes rustled making you alarmed and face where the sound was coming from. You see the bushes moving and you squinted your eyes to vividly sight the unknown person. It might be some bandits prowling around the area just like what happened before when you're preparing for your dinner. You were really glad that Mereoleona was there to defend you from those bandits. They didn't even stand a chance to win against her, even though they were numerous of them that are cornering the both of you, the eldest Vermillion beat their asses with ease. She even decreed you to stay behind and not engage in battle.

You know how she likes to rile herself up even if she doesn't like to fight. Her violence and prowess were indeed remarkable that you can't help but admire your master. Although you're just a mere servant to her, she really looks at you as her sister or friend. You've always been beside her ever since you two were young. Moreover, what you like the most about her is her strong-willed personality, she's a carefree person that no one can ever order him around, except for the King and Wizard king though.

"Oh! (Name)!" Mereoleona appeared where the sound of rustling bushes coming from. You let out a sigh knowing that it's only the person you've been looking for.

"Mereoleona-sama, please don't just disappear like that," you softly scolded her but she gives you a loud laugh.

"I told you to stay in the camp, you don't need to look for me because I'll still come back," she says to which a faint hue crept on your cheeks.

"But still! You should inform me before leaving! What if something bad happens to you?!"

"Are you forgetting who am I, (Name)? I can deal everything with myself without being harmed." She passed you while carrying two boars on either side of her shoulders.

You only looked at her with droopy eyes, feeling upset for always not considering your feelings. You're just worried about her, that's all. Even if she can handle every dire situation she was in, you're still concerned for her wellbeing. You don't want anything unpropitious befalls to her, you've been always there for her but she's still ruthless as ever.

•••

As usual, you're preparing your dinner for tonight. Mereoleona was on the river, taking a bath while you were cooking. Sadness was still lingering in your heart as you wait for the food to be cooked. Your mind was all about the Lioness, what if she's being annoyed to you but she's not telling it to your face because she doesn't want to hurt your feelings? What if she's sick of you always nagging at her? You don't know what you will do if she tells you that she hates you. The least thing you ever wanted was Mereoleona hating you.

"(Name), why are you crying?" You suddenly snapped out from your daze when the flame magic-users voice rang in your ear. You didn't notice her presence because of thinking too much, moreover, you didn't know that tears were streaming down on your cheeks. You hastily clear the tears and face your back at her so that she can't see you crying, although she already saw you.

"A-Ah! I forgot blinking because of spacing out haha," you awkwardly laugh.

Mereoleona wasn't convinced by your answer. She wasn't dumb to believe to what you just said. Her eyebrows furrowed and didn't hesitate to spin you around to face her, you squeaked at her sudden move and eyes widened once you sight Mereoleona glaring at you.

"I'm not stupid, (Name). Tell me why are you crying?" She ordered while gripping your shoulders.

You were reluctant to tell her what's been bugging you. You don't want to cause her any more difficulties and you don't want to bother her because of your own petty problem. However, it was Mereoleona we were talking about, she won't let you slip away without even answering her question. She was too keen to know the reason of your crying specifically that her eyes were blazing while staring at you.

"Answer me, (Name), why are you crying?" She firmly said as her grip tightened. You bit your lower lip and muster your courage to speak what's on your mind.

"I-I... I was thinking if Mereoleona-sama hates me... knowing that I've always been naggy and scolding you... also... it hurts me whenever you're not considering my feelings when I'm just worried about you... you're always the one protecting me and I feel useless when you're always the one doing all the heavy tasks and you're stopping me to help you fight the bad guys... I just wanted you to rely on me, Mereoleona-sama..."

The Lioness was rendered speechless to your confession. She only stared at you crying while wiping the tears that were dripping down on your face. Mereoleona eyes soften and felt a tug within her heart. So that's the reason why you're crying? You assumed that she resents you although it's not. How can she hate you when you've always been by her side ever since you were kids. You're always the one who understands her and taking care of her when she harmed herself or got sick. Those things that she did for you isn't still commensurate to the things you've done for her. That's the reason why she doesn't want you to fight the bad guys because it's her job to protect you. She solely wants to repay you back from being by her side and taking care of her.

Mereoleona slowly smiled and pats your head, "I won't ever hate you, (Name). Why would I rely on you when all this time I've been relying on you ever since we were kids? That's why you should be the one who needs to rely on me. I wanted to pay the kindness you have given me since. Rely on me this time, (Name)."

The undefeated Lioness wrapped her around your waist and stroke your back to cease your sobs. Upon hearing her statement only enhanced your sobs. You didn't know that she was feeling it all this time. It was the opposite of what you have assumed. She just needs you to rely on her because of the times you've been taking care of her. You're beyond delighted to hear her words, you're glad that you opened it up to her.

"I'm relying on you, Mereoleona-sama."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

NEXT: Luck x Reader