01 | кιѕѕ мe

Your heart's against my chest

Lips pressed to my neck

Chapter 01 ~ Kiss Me

       Scar Patterson

Francesca's face screwed into an expression of pure disgust as she placed a manicured hand on her protruding hip and glared holes into my head with her intense stare. "A carnival?"

I bit back an annoyed sigh. "Yes, did you think I was lying when I said I'd be hosting one of the booths?"

Her eyes narrowed into thin slits as she poked the inside of her cheek with her tongue. "Don't play cute."

I gave her a lighthearted shrug in response and tugged out a tube of mint chapstickfrom my back pocket, swiping it over my soft lips. Francesca responded with a scoff and a hair flip, her signature reply to anything she disapproved of.

Francesca and I met back in freshman year. Everyone knew her as the girl who would spend a hundred dollars on a pair of jeans. She had always gotten straight A's, and constantly blabbed about her Bulgarian origins. The only guy who gave her the time of day was me, because she was hot and I was a horny kid.

Since then, she's grown out of her shell and learned to socialize with most of the varsity football team. And by socialize, I mean more than just a casual hello.

I was well aware of her promiscuity and she was well aware of mine, but somehow we were still together. Call it whatever you wish, but I couldn't imagine not being with Francesca.

"So, tell me why I had to pass up a Lacoste fashion show for this?" Francesca's dark eyes widened in absolute terror as they glanced over the neighboring booths.

As I set a medium sized tin box on the booth that my teammates worked so hard on, I flashed my girlfriend a mocking smile. "You didn't have to pass up the Lacoste show. You chose not to go because you didn't trust me enough to run the kissing booth."

She raised an inquiring brow. "This is beyond lame." With a free hand, she flipped her long, dark hair over her shoulder and exhaled heavily.

My eyes scanned the ongoing carnival, searching for teenage girls who were wandering aimlessly. "Where were you last night?" I asked before I could stop myself, while still keeping my attention on the growing crowd.

Francesca glanced up at me and gave me a discerning look. "I thought we agreed that we wouldn't share our personal relations with each other."

My lips curled into a coy smile. "I'm your boyfriend. I think I deserve to know about your personal relations."

She narrowed her eyes slightly as she shook her head in disbelief. "You have a kissing booth to run," she announced after a brief moment of silence. "I'll see you later." Standing up on her toes, Francesca planted a kiss on my cheek before sauntering her way through the sea of people.

I watched as she became another face in the crowd before a pair of strong hands landed on my shoulders, breaking me out of my stupor. One look over my shoulder confirmed that the hands belonged to Trey.

His forehead glistened with sweat, even though it wasn't even that hot. I knew it was only because of his dark skin and the way it reflected light. He pulled a baseball cap over his head to shield himself from the heat, because he claimed 'black folks get sunburned just as easily as white folks.'

"Hey, man."

Trey rubbed his hands together eagerly as he propped himself up against one leg of the booth and gazed at me with his intense dark eyes. "When are we gonna get this started?" He asked out of genuine curiosity.