Chapter Three: Break Stuff

Flash leans forward dramatically with a teasing grin. "What will we do with you?" Dan stares at him, unimpressed.

"Don't know, don't care. I just came in here because I had nothing better to do." He replies, his red gaze sliding to the right to glance at a fake plant that had a camera in it. He stares directly into the lens. "I'm going to leave now since all of the bullshit is over."

"But-wait!" Superman calls after the ghost when he turns. Dan stops but doesn't turn around. He tilts his head slightly and glances over his shoulder to show that he's listening. "I just... thank you for helping. While your ways are unorthodox and unnecessarily violent," Dan chortles at the choice of words, "you're a hero nonethe-" Superman cuts off with a short intake of air as the ghost whirls around, his hair and eyes ablaze as a snarl whips from his lips. His sharp teeth flash threateningly.

"I am not a hero." Dan seethes, his neck tensed from his furious scowl. The League, minus Green Lantern, stare at him in shocked silence. Batman's eye specs narrow, as do the azure gaze behind the cowl.

"I... I'm confused," Flash speaks up after a tense pause, "if you're not a hero... why did you help?" Flash inquires with a thoughtful frown. The ghost relaxes-if only a little-from his angered form before crossing his arms and doing something the heroes would never expect him to; he pouts.

"I didn't have a choice." Dan grumbles with a furrow of his brows and he glares at the camera.

"You could've done nothing, heathen." Diana spits, showing her dislike as clear as day. Dan rolls his eyes and eyes her lazily, as if she is nothing but an annoyance.

"Right, and then who would rescue you, princess? Your fairy godmother?" Dan responds in a dry tone. Dian bristles at the insult but before she can retort, Batman speaks up.

"Someone's making you do this. Who?" Batman might've said it as a question, but anyone could tell it was more of a demand.

"I don't have to tell you shit." The ghost hisses. Everyone at the table tenses and Dan tilts his head confusedly before following their line of sight to see Clockwork floating there in old man form. He sends a kind smile towards the heroes and a smug smirk at Dan. "Oh for fuck's sake!" The evil future version of Danny Phanton exclaims with a groan.

"Greetings, Daniel." Clockwork greets him. Dan clenches his teeth.

"Don't call me that." Dan growls, his fists igniting with green fire.

"Now, Dan, there is no need for you to lose your temper." Clockwork admonishes in a laid back tone. He shifts from old man to infant and looks at the shocked League members. "Dan has a debt to pay off and I would appreciate it if you kept an eye on him to make sure he repays it. He is prone to losing his temper, but with a bit of work, I'm sure he'll be more... cooperative."

"Oh, come on, old fool." Dan spits as Clockwork changes into an adult. "I just handled an invasion, that should be more than enough to cover that 'debt'." Clockwork smiles with false kindness as he faces the younger ghost.

"Oh yes, Dan. It did count towards your debt." Clockwork replies in mock cheer. "You now owe me..." He pretends to count as he shifts into an old man once again, "one thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine good deeds." Everyone gasps, their jaws dropping. Dan has a different reaction; he is livid.

"WHAT!?" The blue-green skinned ghost roars in disbelief. The walls shake from the powerful boom of his voice. "You have got to be fucking shitting me, Clockwork."

"Afraid not," With a smug grin, the time lord continues. "So, you better stick around them." Clockwork nods towards the shell shocked Justice League members. "Something tells me it'll be easier to do good if you stay with the League. Who knows? They might help you be less of a complete bastard." With that, Clockwork is gone in a second. Most likely stopping time to portal out before Dan explodes. Speaking of, the ghost just stands there. Frozen. Flash slowly backs up and to the other door of the dining room that leads into the kitchen.