Six

MEDIA :

MEDIA :

A banner of Hazlynn!

--------------------------

"And the seventh thing, I hate the most that you do, you make me love you." - Seven Things by Miley Cyrus.

--------------------------

Six

      It must have been a sight to look at; me, the Luna looking at Maria so desperately while she was seeming to be unsure whether it was in her place to tell me about it.

"I'm not sure if I should tell you, Luna." she bit her lips as she contemplated.

"Please?" I begged her. "From a woman to a woman."

"And it's Hazlynn." I added for good measure.

True, I was hardly a woman, and true, it was unfair for me to play the girl card, but come on! Desperate times call for desperate measures.

"I-I.."

"Come on, Maria. You know that big oaf.. he would never tell me anything." I pleaded her yet again.

She sighed and I inwardly jumped in victory. "There are rumors that Blood Moon wolves have been seen around the border.." she trailed off. Seeing the horrified expression on my face, she quickly added. "-but we're not quite sure yet."

But the damage was already done.

They're here.

I shook out of my thoughts, mentally patting myself on the back for being able to remain composed and not panicking and running like how I desperately wanted to. I gave Maria a grateful smile. "Thank you, I really appreciate it."

If she hadn't told me, God knows how long I would have been in the dark about this. I looked around. I needed to talk to Darius. An intervention was long overdue.

"Okay, am I supposed to go somewhere?" I asked Maria.

She shook her head. "The ceremony would be starting soon. Once the Alpha's here, he will give a short speech and introduce you as the new Luna. After you spend some time with the pack members, there will be a night run."

Night run, her voice echoed in my head. Thank God I had been smart enough to paint myself then.

"So... basically I'm supposed to wait till Darius gets here?" I asked her for confirmation.

She nodded. "Yes Luna."

"Hazlynn." I corrected with a slight wince. I wasn't used to being called Luna yet. It felt like such a huge responsibility and I wasn't sure if I was ready yet.