Six

•• Taylor ••

The bell attached to the cafe door chimed as we exited the cafe.

Selena seems to be preoccupied with the phone number that Max gave her just moments ago, while I could feel the weather getting colder by the second.

The soles of my heels stepped on the dried orange leaves that fell from the trees by the wind blowing it off.

Every time I walk down the sidewalk pavement of the street, I could hear the leaves crunching and making the softest cracking sounds but Selena doesn't seem to even notice or bother as she kept her eyes on her phone screen.

"Sel." I called her while I slightly nudged her with my elbow.

"Hm?" She replied while her gaze finally shifted away from her screen and made eye contact with me. She turned off her phone, the screen that once had a bright background and lighting, turned into pitch black.

"You seem to be a bit getting carried away with his phone number." I said while I crossed my arms and placed them on my chest as I could feel the chilly wind taking over me.

I glanced at her and I swear to God that I saw her cheeks turned into a shade of pink. Something that she rarely does, and it was something that she used to do a lot back in college.

But unfortunately, she lost that habit, not until now of course.
The way that her cheeks blushed with every compliment that Max gave her, obviously showed how flattered she was.

And when he offered his phone number, I swear I think I just heard her internally squeal with excitement. I could've cringed at that spot, but I figured I would ruin her moment.

After all, she's experiencing all of these feelings that she used to feel at the past, and now she finally felt it again.

"I'm not getting carried away." She said in denial while she added a scoff at the end of her sentence. I rolled my eyes at her, God she's really denying the fact that she's swooning over a guy that we just met a few minutes ago.

"Oh please, Sel. It's obvious that you're flattered by him." I stated while she stared off at a distance across the street, seeming to get carried away with her thoughts again with a dreamy smile formed on her lips.

She probably didn't even heard what I said. Oh God, this is exactly what I see in those romantic cliche movies, when the girl seems to be struck by an arrow from cupid.

"Selena." I called her out again and she snapped out from her daydreaming moments. She averted her gaze to me.

"I never thought that I'd ever see the day of you daydreaming about a boy. I guess your old college self is resurfacing." I chuckled and from the corner of my eye, I could see her glaring at me.

"Alright, I'll admit. I was flattered by him. I mean, who wouldn't? He just invited us on a date this Saturday, and who wouldn't be daydreaming about him? He looks hot and he's actually nice. He's honestly the perfect guy." She said while she added a dreamy sigh.

Oh God, she sounds like she's deeply in love by a person she barely even met. And she honestly sounds like Anna from Frozen right now.

"Well what about you Ms. Swift?" She suddenly asked, interrupting my thoughts, and from the corner of my eyes I saw a cheeky smile plastered on her face like she was planning on doing something unforgivable.

"What about me?" I simply asked as I have no idea what she was talking about.

"Oh don't play dumb with my Tay, I saw Harry looking at you the moment I entered the cafe." She said while she rolled her hazel brown eyes at me.