10: First guest

June 15, Saturday.
3:10 PM

"Woah! So this is your house??" Ari stepped inside eagerly.

"Yeah... It's not too magnificent really." My family was not rich, neither poor. We were in the middle, it'd always say. "Hey mom, Hey dad." I greet my parents.

"Hello Mr. And Mrs. Hill!" Ari greets them too.

"Oh my. Lydia has brought a friend!" My huge goofy grin crawls up my mom's face. "Hun order pizza. Our baby is growing up!" Mom tells dad.

"On it!" My dad dials his phone.

"Mom." I facepalm. "You are embarassing me!" I emphasize the word embarassing, then give Ari an apologizing look.

"Eh?" And she gives me a confused look in return. "Has Lydia never invited anyone to her place?"

"Never. Not once. She wouldn't even let me invite kids her age whenever i'd throw a party here for other occasions." My mom says sadly. She definitely is a lot nicer when other people are around.

"What kind of pizzas would you girls like?" My dad turns his head to look at us.

"Cheese?" Ari asks me. "Yeah. We'll have cheese dad."

"Two boxes of cheese pizza. Large." My dad speaks to the person on the phone.

"Where's your room?" Ari asks after that.

"Oh, follow me then." I hesitantly head over to my room and hope that Ari wouldn't call me a nerd after what she sees.

My room filled with gaming posters and game character figurines. Gift cards, my gaming chair and headphones and my laptop. Well, just a regular laptop. My parents wouldn't let me buy one specifically for games.

"Woah! Your room looks so cool!" Ari dashes over to the figurines which were displayed on thin counters stuck onto my wall.

"You think so?" I pause. "I think it looks nerdy."

"It doesn not!"

"Thanks then."

"And this is where you play Divine spring?" Ari walks over to the laptop after adoring the figurines. "Yes."

"Where's your xbox and playstation though?"

"Connected to the TV in the living room."

"Let's play let's play!" She grabs my wrist and pulls me out into the living room. "Do you have call of duty?" Then she takes a seat on the sofa bouncing up and down.

"I do, which one do you want to play?"

"The one with a zombie mode!"

"Err- ghosts then."

"You girls look like you're having fun." As I take my seat beside Ari, searching for the remote control under the pillows, my mom approaches us holding her cup of coffee.

"We are!" And Ari began a short conversation while I continued to struggle finding that damn remote.

"Dad where'd you put the remote!" I groan. Either my dad accidentally took it with him to the toilet, or i'm just being blind.

"Oh I think I left it in the toilet." My dad's voice echoes from somewhere in the house and I sigh. I wonder if it's only my dad who takes the remote to the toilet. I mentally facepalm and get up. I jog over to the toilet, take the remote which was sitting on the counter where we place our mouth wash and other necessities for personal hygiene, then quickly head back to the living room.

"Go easy on me Lydia!" Ari tells me.

"I'll try." I snicker and turn the TV on. I put down the remote on the small round wooden table in front of me and take two ps4 remotes, finally turning the ps4 on.

"You should invite me here more often Lydia. Your house is like a free arcade!"

"You can come here as often as you like." My mom giggles.

Goodness. It sounds so weird when my mom giggles.

"Ari, you sure you don't want to practice the basics before you head onto the zombie mode? The controls might confuse you."

"What do you take me for Lydia! A dimwit?" Ari rolls her eyes with a laugh. "I'm absolutely positive that I can beat you without endeavor!"

"Let's see about that." And my competitive mode has turned on, as I clicked on the zombie mode. "May the most skilled survivor win!" We say in chorus.

3:33 PM

"So, you said you were absolutely positive?" I raise my brow.

"I was just warming up!"

"So was I."

(Ding dong)

The bell rang and everyone turned their heads, including myself, to look out the window and see who was there. Just the delivery man.

"That was quick." Ari tells me.

"The pizza man is always quick. Now we're going to have early dinner." I respond. Is this even considered dinner though? It feels more like a late lunch.

"Your pizza ma'am." The delivery man says once my mother races to the door and opens it, taking the pizza. My dad heads over to the two and hands the delivery man the pay for the pizza. Then the delivery man turns his head and sees me. He lifts his hand and makes a 'call me' signal then leaves.

Uhmm... What?

"Ari, did you see that?"

"Oh yes I did!" Ari wiggles her eyebrows and gives me a smug look.

"Stop acting so cheeky. That's a delivery man Ari. A delivery man."

"What's wrong with a delivery man? At least he can deliver food straight to your door. What can that Dread guy do? Deliver virtual food that would just make you even more hungry?"

I facepalm. "You have a point. But, no."

"Lydia likes someone?" My mom asks, heading to dining room and placing the pizzas down on the table.

"No mom! You're just hearing things." I give Ari a scowling look then the two of us head to the dining room too.

"Pizza!!" Ari squeels.

"You don't have pizza too often?" My dad asks her.

"Nope, my parents like eating healthy."

"So not even pizzas that are more on vegetables?" My mom joins in and Ari shakes her head.

"That's sad." I tell Ari then motion her to take some pizza. She nods delightfully then takes a slice, the cheese oozing down. My stomach grumbles.

"Lydia is hungryyy!" Ari laughs.

"Pfft." I roll my eyes then take a slice too. "Wanna play somethin else after this?" I ask.

"Hmm. Sure! You choose this time."

"Borderlands?"

"I don't know what that is, but sure!" Ari pauses. "And after that, open Divine spring and introduce me to Dread!"

"No way! He'll think i've been talking about him to other people."

"Well technically you are." Ari smirks. "But fine, I don't want to ruin things between you and your one and only crush hehe."

"Pft!"

•••

A/n

Hey guys! Gamers has been getting more support than I expected recently! ❤❤❤

And it makes ma heart UwU

So I just want to thank yall who are supporting me and showering ma story with love! (≧∇≦)/

Love yalllll!!! <3