16: Meeting The Devil

The UNV Camp,
Qalai Naeem Village,
Kabul Province, Afghanistan.

"Jay-- Uhm..Captain Walker!!" Emily yell, while getting out from the truck in a hurry. She can see a few soldiers passing by Jayden is giving a salute towards him, which is also are glancing at her for a few times. She just give them an awkward smiles.

"Can I talk to you for a minute??" She asks, as soon as all the soldiers walk away from them. Jayden just give her a little nod, with his eyes is focus on her.

"What are you doing in here?? I thought you're in that what was that again, that.." Emily look like she is trying to remember something.

"Ughhh.." She let out a little sighs.

"So what, are you giving up??" Jayden tease her, laughing a little.

"I thought you said that you're in some kind of special team,"

"Special Forces units.." Jayden suddenly interrupts, while chuckling a little while correcting her. Cute.. He thought to himself while looking at her.

Emily glare at Jayden for a second before rolling her eyes. "What are you doing in here?? Are you with the peacekeeper now?? Is that part of your secret mission???" She asks.

"Yes I am with the peacekeeper.. And as for your second statement," Jayden look at Emily, he seems to hesitates a little before he continue what he want to say.

"None, there is no secret mission at all.. Me and my team has been deployed here...Anything else your majesty??" 

And just a few hours with Emily, he already had to lie to her. The fact that he is actually in Afghanistan for a secret mission regarding the terrorist group called 'Omega' is confidential. Telling a civilian like Emily is strictly prohibited.

To admit that I could easily know this man in front of me is lying really made me surprise sometimes.. Emily thought to herself, looking at Jayden's face without blinking. The fact that he lied to her at the first moment of their reunion is hurting her.

He, and his mission... She thought again, while letting out a little sighs.

"And what was that earlier??" She try to change the topic.

"We're set?? What was that all about??" She asks with her unbelief expression. Jayden chuckles a little.

"It means, we're set. Don't you get it? Or should I just make you understand it with action instead??" He says, and at the same time taking a few step towards her.

Just as Emily want to say something to Jayden, a voice suddenly calling for his name from behind, that make Jayden turn his head.

"Jayden??"

"Jayden?? Is that really you?? Oh my god!!" That cheerful voice say while running towards him, with a smile on her face.

"Amanda???" Jayden say, that make Emily look towards that girl.

"God, can't believe that you're here!!" She says while hugging him, tight. Seeing Emily's blank expression while standing there make Jayden slowly pushing Amanda from his arm.