Chapter 8

Jisoo was exhausted as she entered her condo. She dropped her bag on the floor and threw herself on the couch. She picked up her phone from her jeans pocket and called her mother before she'd be too tired.

"Jisoo! Are you at home?" Dara said as she answered.

"Yes, I just got in. I'm beat so I'm just gonna grab something to eat and then head straight to bed. I just thought I'd call you first." Jisoo said.

"I'm glad you're home safe. We'll talk more tomorrow, good night honey."

"Night mom."

Jisoo put her phone down on the table and closed her eyes for a second. She was deadbeat. Luckily she had some frozen pizza in the freezer so she got up and threw one in the microwave before she'd become too tired to move.

After she'd eaten she opened a beer and went back to the couch and slumped down. She turned on the TV with no real intention to watch anything, she was too tired. After a few minutes of zapping through every channel she turned the thing off and decided to go to bed. She could really use a good night's sleep after only getting a few hours of sleep last night, or rather this morning.

Her bed had never felt more comfortable. She checked the time, it was only 8.15pm but she didn't care. She closed her eyes and relaxed against the mattress and could feel she'd be asleep shortly. Just as she was about to doze off her phone beeped and she winced.

"For the love of God who is texting me now?" she growled as she picked up her iPhone to check her messages.

A number she didn't recognize had sent her a text message and her heart started to beat faster as she thought about who it might be. Her guess was right, it was Jennie.

Hi Jisoo. I hope I didn't wake you with this if you'd gone to sleep, your mom told me you were really tired. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I had a really nice time last night talking with you and again this morning (but don't think you're forgiven for the Newfoundland comment ;)). I usually don't make new friends very easy, it takes a lot to gain my trust and for me to let someone in but with you I feel like I've known you forever. It's so easy to talk to you and I feel really comfortable in your company. You're a very easy person to like Kim Jisoo and I just wanted you to know that. Sleep tight! / Jennie

Jisoo had a huge smile on her face after she'd read Jennie's text. She just had to write her back before she'd go to sleep.

You didn't wake me but I am dead tired :) Can't go to sleep without texting you back though :) I feel really comfortable in your company too and I also feel like I've known you forever. You have to admit, the Newfoundland thing was kinda funny ;) You're a very easy person to like too Jennie.

She hit send and then started typing again

I can't wait to see you again...

Her thumb hovered over the send button. She read the words on the screen again and again then deleted them. She really couldn't wait to see her again but she couldn't send that, could she? No, definitely not.

Anyway, I'm gonna sleep now. Thanks for the text, talk again soon okay? Good night :)

She hit send. Seconds later Jennie answered.

Definitely! Good night Jisoo.

Jisoo put her phone away and laid back down on her pillow. She fell asleep smiling.

Monday went by rather quickly, she left early for work and stopped by the grocery store on her way home. She made dinner and after she'd eaten she decided to call her mother.

"Jisoo hi!" Dara answered as she saw her daughter's name appear on the display.

"Hi mom."

"How was work?" Dara asked.

"Same as always I guess. I really can't wait to get some time off, I could really need it." Jisoo said and sat down on the couch and rubbed her neck.

"Speaking about that, I've invited Jennie and Kai to come with me and Jiyong to the cottage next weekend and wanted to ask if you would like to join us?" Dara said.

"Yeah, of course I'll come, it sounds like fun!" Jisoo said, not hesitating a second at the chance of seeing Jennie again.

"Lovely! However Jiyong and Kai will only join us the first day, they're going on a fishing trip on Sunday with Jiyong's brother and a friend of Kai's so they'll be gone for 4-5 days." Dara explained.

"Okay, well should I bring anything with me when I come?" Jisoo asked feeling utterly happy with the prospect of spending more time alone with Jennie without her fiance being there. Not that she didn't like Kai, she did. He was a really nice guy but with him not being there, Jennie would be all hers.

Now that sounded completely wrong, she thought the second that thought entered her mind. That was not what she'd meant. Of course Jennie wouldn't be hers in that sense of the word, just free to hang out with her more without having to be interrupted by her boyfriend. That's all.

"Jisoo? Are you still there?" Dara wondered from the other side of the line. Jisoo had spaced out thinking about Jennie and didn't hear her mother's reply to her question.

"Sorry mom, I kinda disappeared for a second. You were saying?"

"I said that no, you don't have to bring anything with you. When will you get there? Sometime on Saturday or?" Jisoo wondered.

"Yeah, I work late on Friday otherwise I would have driven up to the lake straight after work but I'll leave early Saturday instead." Jisoo answered.

"We'll be there when you arrive. I gotta go but we'll talk some more later this week. Love you honey." Dara said.

"Love you too mom. Bye" Jisoo said and hung up.

She put her phone down beside her on the couch and thought about the upcoming weekend. She couldn't help but feel a tingling sensation in her stomach just thinking about spending time with Jennie again. She hoped the rest of the week would go by quickly.