Chapter 9

Never had a Friday evening felt so good. She'd picked up some takeaway thai food on her way home which was delicious and now she was watching a comedy and sipping on her third glass of wine. Her bag was already packed and she couldn't wait to go up to Jeju tomorrow. Her phone beeped, indicating she'd received a new text message. She was slightly disappointed when it wasn't from who she'd hoped it would be. It was from her colleague and friend Lalisa who just wished her a nice vacation. She typed a reply and left the phone on the couch while she walked into the kitchen to get some popcorn.

When she got back to the couch her phone blinked so she picked it up to see if Lisa had sent her another text but the new message wasn't from her.

This place is amazing! I could totally live here. I'm sitting on the pier with my feet in the water right now, it's lovely! Can't wait for you to get here tomorrow and show me around :) J

Jisoo's heart jumped in her chest as she re-read the text. The Can't wait for you to get here tomorrow and show me around part really stuck with her and she briefly thought that if she hadn't had those couple of glasses of wine she would've jumped in her car and started driving up to Jeju tonight. She started typing back:

Yes it is quite a place though there are a few places around there that's even more impressive ;)

Jennie's reply came quickly:

There is? Well you're gonna show me all of them :)

Jisoo smiled as she read Jennie's reply. She started typing and hit send:

Maybe... ;)

Why was she flirting with her? Cause yes, she was definitely flirting.

Jennie's reply came within seconds:

Maybe?

Jisoo smirked and typed back:

It depends...

Jennie was puzzled and replied:

On what if I may ask?

Jisoo smiled as her thumbs swiped over the screen:

On whether or not you'll forgive me for the newfoundland thing ;)

Jennie chuckled, she thought about what she should reply to that.

Okay, if you show me one place that is more impressive than it is here, I'll forgive you for comparing me to a drooling dog.

Jisoo laughed and quickly typed:

Haha, deal! :)

Jennie smiled and wrote one last message:

So I'll see you tomorrow then. Drive safely.

Jisoo answered:

I will. See you tomorrow Jennie.

Jennie put her phone back in her pocket and looked out over the water. She was really excited to spend the next couple of days in this place. Her thoughts wandered to Jisoo and thinking about spending more time with the brunette made her feel even more excited. Those thoughts were quickly pushed away though because she shouldn't feel this excited over spending more time with Jisoo.

Jisoo was up early the next morning and had already eaten breakfast. She was almost ready to leave. While she brushed her teeth she walked around in the apartment and packed the last things she needed then she was ready to go. She had a little more than seven hours on the road ahead of her and she planned to make it to Jeju with as few stops as possible.

Finally turning off the main road she only had a few miles left before she'd reach the cottage. Every time she drove down the old dirt road that lead to the cottage she'd be filled with a sense of peace and calm. This time however, the peace and calm was replaced with something that could only be described as the complete opposite. Her heart was racing and her palms started to feel sweaty. Turning off the engine she took a couple of deep breaths to calm herself before she got out of the car. Her mother was already on her way to greet her.

"Hi honey! I'm so glad you're finally here!" Dara said and pulled Jisoo into a tight hug.

"Me too mom but you're kinda suffocating me here." Jisoo said playfully.

Dara released her daughter and smiled.

"Pssh, you're my daughter so I'm allowed to suffocate you with my hugs."

Jisoo smiled back and grabbed her bag from the trunk.

"Where's everybody?" Jisoo wondered. Mostly she wondered where Jennie was but she couldn't say that to her mother.

"Jiyong and Kai are inside packing up for their fishing trip and Jennie went out for a run about thirty minutes ago." Dara answered as she walked beside Jisoo on their way up to the cottage.

Jisoo nodded and looked around, this place really was something else. She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes as the smell of the forest and lake filled her nostrils.

"God I've missed this place." she said as she exhaled.

"Are Jennie and Kai staying in the cottage or in the boathouse?" Jisoo wondered.

"In the cottage." Dara answered.

"Great! I mean then the boathouse is free?"

"Yes the boathouse is free. I know how much you love it there so I put Jennie and Kai in the guestroom." Dara told her.

Jisoo smiled and bounced off towards the boathouse. It was located next to the pier and wasn't particularly large. Jisoo and her mother had made a complete renovation of the place a couple of years ago. What originally was meant to be a place to store a boat had turned into a single room with white walls and wooden floor. The decoration was simple and bright, the only furniture the room held was a double bed, a rocking chair and an antique bedside table. It was simple but Jisoo had fallen in love with it instantly and every time she visited the cottage she always stayed in the boathouse.

She opened the squeaking wooden door and stepped inside dropping her bag on the floor by the double bed. This was her haven and as she stepped towards the large landscape window and looked out over a glassy lake the peace and calm that had been nowhere to be found finally appeared. God she loved it here. She took a last lingering look at the beautiful landscape outside the window then walked back out and up to the cottage.