Summer At The Burrow

You never quite liked traveling via floo powder, and stumbled on your way out of the chimney; luckily managing to clutch two strong arms before you could fall.

"Y/N, falling for me, are you?"

You looked up at the person to whom the voice belonged to; and saw a taller Fred.

"You wish." You both laugh, and then hug each other, happy to see the familiar faces again.

"Y/N! It's so lovely to see you again!" Mrs Weasley parted between you and Fred and hugged you instead.

"Mrs Weasley! Thank you so much for inviting me."

"Of course! You can come here anytime, you know. Your always welcome."

"Thanks, Mrs Weasley. I will."

"Y/N/N!!!" Ginny ran towards you, she had always been like your little sister, and hugged you tightly.

"Hey, Gin-Gin! What's up?" She lifted her red head and looked up at you.

"Cmon, we can talk in my room."

"What about dinner?" The Weasley's parted, to show Ron and his friends; Hermione and Harry. They must of came a bit later than the others; probably discussing plans to take down another evil-doer.

"Good idea. I'm starving."

As we made our way outside, George stopped me.

"Who do you think is gonna win?"

"Gonna win what?"

"Look."

We went in the backyard; where Bill and Charlie were bashing the tables together in the air using magic.

"It's a tough one..." Just then, Bill bashed Charlie's table upwards, and Charlie almost lost control. "Looks like it's gonna be Bill."

"I know, right."

"Will you please stop!" Percy growled from the corner.

"Percy! Missed you too." You wrapped an arm round him while he continued to stay still; until you messed up his hair.

"Hey hey hey!" He batted your hand away while you and the twins laughed.

"It's so weird to be taller than you; Perce." You say thoughtfully, continuing to hug his shoulder.

"Yeah yeah yeah," He gave a light chuckle and went to take his spot at the table which Bill and Charlie put down after Mrs and Mr Weasley came outside.

"Still managed to get a laugh out of him; eh?" Said George, nudging at your rib cage with his elbow.

"Yeah, I know, I'm awesome." You take your seat in between Fred and George and reach for some potato.

"What did you get on your O.W.Ls?" Fred asks, also reaching for some potato.

"Eight." Suddenly you stop, both of you going red from when your hands touched.

You both let out a nervous laugh, and slowly pull your hands into your laps.

"So close to full marks. What didn't you get?" Said George, completely oblivious to the awkward moment.

"Potions. Snape heard me call him a dick; so anything I did wouldn't matter."

"Ha! Deserves it!" Laughed Fred.

"I know right," Laughed George.

Towards the end of the meal, Mr Weasley announced that we'd all be going to the Quidditch World Cup. You were so excited; Quidditch had always been your favorite sport. And only last year did you finally get on the team as a Chaser (though you would really take any position)!

You went up to Ginny's room, trying your best to contain your excitement until the next morning.

"Gin-Gin!" You hugged her again.

"Cmon, Y/N/N, were talking about crushes."

You sit at the foot of your bed and listen in while the girls fantasize about their future husbands (Ginny's crush on Harry was so obvious and adorable).

"Your turn."

You straightened up, thinking. You had never really had a crush on anyone, unless you counted your minor crush on Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang, but you didn't want to count it; everyone had a crush on them.

"I dunno."

"What about one of the twins? Your always hanging out with them." Hermione suggested.

"The twins? No, their my best friends."

"What about George? He can be cute, I guess." Ginny's voice wasn't at all convincing.

"Fred I'd understand, but George? Nah." You shrug it off, but can tell they won't.

"So Freddie, ay?" Ginny nudged at you with her elbow, winking.

"It's not like that! We're just a little bit, I dunno, closer than with George."

Hermione and Ginny exchanged glances, and they both smiled mischievously. Before you could do anything, though, Ron knocked at the door and Hermione went off with him and Harry.

The next day, Hermione woke up everyone nice and early (you were NOT a morning person) and everyone went down to eat breakfast before going to the portkey. You sat in between Fred and George, only drinking some tea as you were too excited to eat.

In a low whisper so that only they could hear, you asked, "How's the joke shop going?"

"Good." Fred replied.

"Do you have the teeth crushing gum?" Asked George.

"Right here." You dig into your pocket and take out a small box. "I haven't got a lot, this is just the prototype, but it's perfect."

"Awesome. Thanks for helping us work out the kinks to that Tongue Toffee. It worked perfectly." Said Fred.

"Who'd you test it on?"

"Harry's cousin. He's a right big bloke. And bloody ugly too. Not to mention greedy." Said George.

"Is that why Mrs Weasley's been giving you two the stink eye this whole time?"

"Yup. Took away almost all of our products." Said George sadly.

"Almost." Said Fred, smiling and nudging at you.

The walk to the portkey was not fun. At first, when you had energy, you and the twins were able to crack a few jokes. But as you went further on, the walk became more exhausting and eventually you had to put all your energy into not stopping to take a rest. Oh, and climbing up a hill after a long walk is NOT what you would recommend.

Finally, you all reached the top and started to look for the portkey; desperate to leave the hot sun.

"Five sickles whoever finds the portkey first." You whispered to George. You guys were always making bets.

"Make it ten." Said George, lifting up a rock; thinking he'd found the portkey to instead find a bunch of worms.

"Fifteen." You said, digging up a used toothbrush that you realized was NOT the portkey.

"Twenty." George moved some twigs, but only to find more bugs.

"Dammit." You both whispered.

Then, a voice came from behind you, and you realized it was Mr Diggory, which could only mean—

"Cedric." You say as warmly as possible, even though your extremely tired and trying to hide the blush creeping up your cheeks.

"Y/N. Nice to see you." You both stand there for a while, you awkwardly rocking back and forth on the balls of your feet while he twiddles his thumbs.

"Excited for the match?" He says as you walk towards the old boot Mr Diggory found.

"Yeah. I love Quidditch." You stoop down to the same level as the boot.

"See you at the match, then." Cedric said, taking a firm grip on the boot.

"Yeah, see you at the match." You grab a piece of the boot, and Fred grabs a piece next to you.
And then, in a great big whirl of color, your transported to the Quidditch stadium.