11. Just close your eyes.

11 // Just close your eyes.

I'd never been drunk before, and the whole concept was new to me, but something was telling me, I was far past drunk. I think someone had tampered with my drink. Not only had I had just a sip, but I was starting to see things.

When I looked at the fire, I saw figures, like scenes endlessly chasing around the flames, but I was far too wasted to even pay close enough attention. And when I focused on the loud sounds of the music (well, as much as a drunk girl can focus), it was like beams of energy were radiating from the speakers. If I hadn't felt so drunk and like an airhead, I might've been able to put two and two together, and stop the events that were about to unfold, but instead I found myself mumbling, "where are we going? Are we dancing yet? Hey, do you ever smile? I'm starting to get hungry, can we get food? Do you like frowning as much as you do?"

The questions were flying out of my mouth without a filter, and the man who had an extremely tight grip on my arm didn't look impressed."Haigh has something special planned for ya. Don't you worry."

"Haigh? As in evil Deputy Haigh?" I giggled, even though nothing right now seemed to be funny.

"This would have been so much easier if you hadn't wandered off, Sommers," the man said, as I began to struggle against his grip. I had to get back to Liam, to Mason.

"Oh here we are, reunited for the last time," the man sniggered evilly as he pushed me to the ground. We were in one of the school's hallways, and just when I thought the impact would hurt, I found that something cushioned my fall.

Or someone.

"Liam?" I gasped, seeing him completely passed out, along with another behind him. Malia.

The last I'd heard of her she'd run away, and now she was back, unconscious on the floor of Beacon Hills High. As soon I had stumbled to the ground, and before everything got really blurry from being so dizzy, I saw Scott shoved down too.

This had to be another assassin attempt.

I'm never going to one of these bonfires ever again, I decided, as the creepy man smirked evilly, replying to Scott's question with, "Haigh says we have to burn ya."

Scott's hand found mine as the two of us pushed ourselves as far as we could from the man that was now kneeling down, and his horrible breath. The gasoline was somewhat refreshing, even though I was about to be burned alive, when it was poured all over me it heightened my senses, if only a little. I didn't feel as drunk anymore.

It was too late, anyway. The man had pulled out a light from his pocket, dangling it mockingly in front of Scott and I. At first, the music was making my ears ache, and I was still hooked on seeing those beams, yet suddenly stopped, and my vision cleared miraculously.

Scott seemed to feel the same way, because his eyes glowed a bright red, before he grabbed the guy's wrist twisting it in a bone-cracking way. I grabbed the lighter from his hand, throwing down the opposite end of the hall before he could react.

I saw two other guards coming our way, yet before they could reach us, Derek and Braeden stepped out of nowhere, and fought them off. It was beautiful, yet confusing. Derek was supposed to be a werewolf, fighting with super-human strength, and heightened senses. Yet, he was fighting with fists and karate-like moves, what had happened? Can your Werewolf powers just get taken away? How does that even work?

With one last kick from Braeden, all the guards were down, and we were safe.

"What happened to the gun?" Scott asked Derek as they headed toward us and we attempted to stand. Malia and Liam had woken now, and were clambering to their feet.