24

Colin Creevy was petrified late last night

Whatever was out there doing this had gotten a student. Eleanor knew this wasnt the last of the person or creature that's done this, whoever's opened the chamber of secrets has a purpose, this isnt just a message, but the beginning before all hell breaks loose.

Sitting in Dumbledore's office, all staff circled around to discuss this matter privately.

Eleanor sat away from the crowd to smoke a cigarette, wide eyes staring off into the distance and eyebrows raised– all she could do was listen to Dumbkedore read off his condolence letter that was to be sent off to Mister and Mrs Creevy about their son.

"Its just terrible." Mcgonagall said with tight lips.

The situation was devastating and terrifying for everyone, how were they to keep over 200 muggleborn students out of the reach.

"We can cancel school for the year." Suggested Sprout which most of the staff turned as a consideration. "Send them home."

"Once the chamber of secrets is opened, it cant be closed until we investigate. We cant just all go home and come back next year. Whoever is doing this is going to continue on doing it." Said Snape which was true. It needed to be stopped, they couldn't just leave it be.

"Where is it located?" Asked Eleanor from the corner in which everyone turned to mostly in shock and confusion.

Dumbledore spoke up, "If we did know, it's much too dangerous."

"So you dont know?" Eleanor asked with narrowed eyes.

Snape turned his head to her direction with a low brow, "Eleanor, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, you better not. You cant just walk in there and sort a fight." The staff all looked at each other as Snape addressed Professor Adler with her first name.

"You said it yourself," Eleanor stood in defense, "It cant be closed until we investigate."

"Which you're not authorized to do." It was his turn to raise his voice. Why couldn't she see that all he was trying to do was to protect her. Sometimes shes just as stubborn as her brother.

It was silent for a few moments before Dumbledore spoke up. "Where is Lockhart?"

"Right here." Raised the voice of the only man that dared to dress in such Violet robes.

"You will be teaching the students how to use defensive spells, for now we must have our students prepared." Dumbledore announced and with that said everyone went back to work.

Indeed barley a few days later Lockhart was to be setting up the dueling club where he would demonstrate defensive spells in a fashionable way.

Eleanor who had walked in the great hall with Snape regretted it deeply as Lockhart was setting up.

"Good morning dear Adler!" Greeted a grinning Gilderoy Lockhart. Which Eleanor acknowledged and avoided saying it back.