Chapter 35: The healing process

After lunch was finished, the group followed the older Reviver to probably one of the largest to one of the most beautiful trees on top of a mini mountain. "Now I getcha!" The rule breaker explained as he led the way up. "So that's why you brought Toriko and these guys..all the way to Life."

"Please, master. Heal their wounds. It's better than getting reamed by Granny Setsu, right?" Teppei said, hoping he'd really helped them out. "Of course! Anything to save my tush from Granny Setsu's wrath!" Match, Takimaru and Sunny, stared at him as they followed this strange man each wondering if he really did have what they needed.

"Though I must admit I'm quite surprised to see this little lady here. It was quite a shock, seeing her here and especially since it's been years when I last treated her." The older man commented as he glanced towards Sarafina. "What the heck does that mean?" Toriko inquired. There it was again! Another person with some previous knowledge about her. "Agreed. What did you mean with that comment?" Sunny added as the men glanced between the unconscious woman and him. What was with this mystery concerning her?

"There aren't that many people that have abilities like her...well, that mainly because most people don't usually make it this far. Or live for that long either. Hehehe. She's quite the rule breaker too." Yosaku laughed. "I really like that! She's quite the survivor. Alright I'll tell ya a bit!"

"I take it you're aware of who Sarafina really is." Toriko stated rather than asked. "Yes indeed! Well, a bit anyway. For starters, I know that she's been orphaned for the majority of her life and that her abilities have defile the very limits to the imagination. What I'm about to say shouldn't be made known to the general population. Normally rules are made to be broken but this is a...delicate matter. Anyway, as I said. Most of the people who have done what she can do, don't usually live long. But her...she's special."

"Special? Who is she? What are her powers?" Toriko questioned. He needed to know. He needed this information because how is he supposed to protect her if he doesn't know anything about her. However, he had a bad feeling he wasn't going to like the answers that will be given. "No, I ain't gonna tell you how. It's too high up in the chain to be explained fully." So the IGO and perhaps the president are aware of this then..? Both Sunny and Toriko wondered even as the rest has their jaws hit the ground in disbelief. "So what landed the little lady here?" Yosaku asked. Though, he can already guess on what happen to her. Match chose this moment to speak up. Even now, he couldn't believe what he saw.

"She was fighting a member from the Gourmet Corp, a guy specialised with bugs. I can't even begin to descried what I just saw. She moved way too quickly for me to keep up. This strange aura that radiated off of her was intense. Then.... Her whole body convulsed and many deep, severe deep slash marks suddenly appeared. She coughed and threw up lots of blood. She was conscious for a while before...." Match trailed off as his brown eyes gazed down at the young woman. "She stopped breathing."

"Heh, yup. That'll do it. It doesn't sound like it was less severe as before but it sure was enough if it left her like that." Yosaku said. "What does that mean?" Toriko asked, having a bad feeling he wasn't going to like the answer. But the older Reviver didn't say any more than that. "My theory is that she's just got some freakish bad luck." The others as they tried to inquire more but only got more vague answers.

The group had descended down a flight of stairs to a very tall entrance leading into the mountain. "This is it." The older man said as he waltz right on in. "We're entering the symbol of Life. Mother wood, the tree of healing. Though some call it a food lodge." Yosaku said the last part when they had reached the end of the tunnel to a small plate form. The space inside was bigger than originally thought.