CHAPTER 14

"Who do you think you are to call for an emergency meeting in my company?" Barry yelled.
He came bursting through the doors interrupting the meeting I was having with the board of directors of 'his' company.

After talking to my father's lawyer, he gave me some good ideas and my best was becoming Chairperson of the board.

It took two weeks to finally convince more than half of the directors to elect me. I even had to sell some shares to directors who did not willing agree. I made some promises here and there and in the end I achieved my goal. My father indeed had one of best corporate lawyers. He made sure all the transfers ran smoothly and he advised me extensively on moves to make.

Prior to  Barry's interruption, I was already elected Chairperson.

"Your Chairwoman Mr. Barry. Don't interrupt me again" I addressed him as sternly as I could. Then I turned my attention back to the board.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. I believe it's time to get a new CEO, this company has been stagnant for too long" I stated calmly.

"What do you know about my company you stupid pig? Barry laughed mockingly. "You can't come here and make decisions. I'm in charge here damnit" he hit the table.

The room erupted into murmurs. I cleared my throat and the room became deathly silent.

"Barry I won't repeat myself. Grab a seat or leave, there will be a change in the management of this company whether you are present or not"

"Now ladies and Gentlemen shall we vote?" I asked the members of the board. I nominated a guy whose files i reviewed yesternight. He had fresh ideas but somehow his ideas were never acted on. I wouldn't be surprised Barry didn't want the guy to outshine him. Barry seeing no one was going to openly go against me he nominated himself.

After a show of hands to vote, Barry lost. He started trashing the place.

"I built this company. You think you can just toss me out after years of hardwork? You lie" he shouted.
"I built this place" he screamed and threw his jacket at me unfortunately gravity was on my side, it fell before it got to me. It was a pathetic sight.

"You will compose yourself or I will call security to escort you off the property" I threatened. If this wasn't a serious situation, I would have laughed. This was the man I allowed to push me around? Love really made me stupid.

"You are a disgusting fat bitch. I will never love you. Is that why you are so pained? He mocked? "No one will love you. You can enjoy the power while it lasts because I will ruin you" he shouted.

I pressed the button on the table and soon the security I came with flooded the room. I nodded my head at the hysterical man and he was dragged out of the room. He was screaming and kicking like a goat.

"Congratulations Mr Cameron" I said smiling. Everyone at the conference table recovered from their shock as I spoke. They couldn't believe what they just experienced.
They soon started clapping. The new CEO stood up and shook hands with some of the members close to him.

We went right to discussing how to make the company grow. It was a very productive meeting and the members of the board were happy. It's all about making more money nothing personal.

I told my mom everything the minute I got home. She was laughing so hard.

"This is just the beginning my dear. Have you called a divorce lawyer yet?" My mom asked recovering from her laughter.

"Not yet mom, I don't even know any good one to call" I mumbled. What if I end up single forever? I mean how do people even date anymore?

"Are you having second thoughts? Barry is a closed chapter in your life. It's been closed for years. You can't stay married to your nemesis to avoid being single again. You need to accept it. Being single and happy is better than being with that toxic man or any toxic man. You deserve all the love in this world. Think of Mariana" my mom encouraged.

"Thank you mom. You're the best"