Explanation

Hello everyone.

This is Goldy and this update is an explanation to the story, the characters and answers to your questions.

Why did I write this piece?

I wrote this piece because I am a great fan of BNHA but also because I wanted to put a character that in someway represents me and my thoughts.

It also revolves around the famous phrases of Kaneki Ken from Tokyo Ghoul, "The world is wrong" and Celty Stuluson from Durarara! "The world isn't as bad as it seems."

Who does Hyoto represents?

Todoroki Hyoto represents some parts of me and my mind. I tried to make each update a theme of what was going on with my thought process.

As you can probably tell from reading, Hyoto thinks too much and although he tries to think for a solution it always backfires so he ends up thinking negatively.

What kind of person is Hyoto?

He is a "happy" but broken person who can't find his place within the society. Basically, he is lost within society and within his own mind.

He is also very desperate and clingy towards Shoto but because his brother didn't accept Hyoto, Hyoto looked for people who accepted him even if it was "superficial" and "forced". For example, Dabi.

If someone asked if he loves his family individually, he would answer except for his mother. He will say he loves his father, brothers(except Touya) and sister but he simply won't answer if he loves his mother. It's not because he hates her or anything like that. He just doesn't feel like he loves her. He doesn't have a good impression of her. Hyoto cares about her to some extend but that bond, to some extend, might be because of Shoto.

He will cry if his family dies, his mother included. He will cry only because he "cares" and simply because she is his mother.

On the contrary, he will die if Shoto dies or does not accept him.

What does the missing leg and bad eye symbolize?

To Hyoto, it is the punishment he got for being different and breaking up his family.

For the whole story, the missing leg symbolizes the struggle. Because a human will struggle moving forward if they don't have two legs.

The bad eye symbolizes the close mindedness. His one eye won't see the "whole" reality and the other will be looking at only reality he wants to see.

For example, how he thought that "thought" was a disease on its own and he was the only one who could fix it.

Why did I end it the way I did?

First and foremost, I wanted a bitter, happy and open ending.

It is happy because Hyoto got Shoto to accept him and be obsessed with him.

It is bitter because it's not the older Hyoto. The older Hyoto is not the one who gets the attention that he wanted and the help that he needed. It is the younger Hyoto who gets it all. Just because someone returned time doesn't mean that it can be rewritten and make it seem like mistakes never happen.

Word of Thanks

Thanks for everyone's support and love for Todoroki Hyoto. Every comment and discussion was deeply appreciated and I am grateful that I was able to share this fanfiction. I will be posting my last update for this fanfiction.

Announcement

I know I have my fanfictions that I wrote. I want to work on all of them but I felt like writing on an original piece.

So, I decided that I will be working on one fanfiction and one original from now on.

For the next fanfiction, which will you like me to continue on focusing on?

- [KHR] Reflection

- [BNHA] Innocent Demon