Chapter 11

Jisoo was pretty quiet during supper, she cast a glance at Jennie occasionally but the raven never held her gaze the few times their eyes met. Dara noticed that her daughter was unusually quiet but figured she was tired from the long drive.

After supper they all had coffee in the living room which now actually looked like a living room again. Jiyong and Kai had finished their packing and the earlier mess was gone.

Jisoo sat down in the arm chair in front of the open fire and sipped on her coffee. Jennie sat next to Kai on the couch and half listened to Kai and Jiyong's conversation about their fishing trip. So many thoughts were going through her mind and they didn't make any sense. She looked over at Jisoo who seemed to be deep in thought.

Thinking about something else other than Jennie proved to be almost impossible, especially after their moment outside earlier. She'd spent not even three full days with the raven and yet she was all she could think about. It was crazy, that was the only thing she knew for certain and she needed to get over this, what ever the hell it was. Getting up from the chair she told everybody that she was tired from the drive and had decided to go to bed.

"Jiyong, Kai, I take it you guys leave early tomorrow morning so have a great trip." she said.

"Thank you Jisoo, I'm sure we will. See you in a couple of days." Jiyong said with a warm smile.

"Goodnight everyone." Jisoo said and walked out.

Once inside the boathouse she undressed and brushed her teeth quickly then crashed down onto the bed and was asleep within minutes.

"Well, I think I'm gonna turn in too, we've got an early morning tomorrow." Kai said.

"What about you babe, are you coming?" he asked Jennie.

"In a minute, you go ahead." she answered.

"Okay, goodnight Dara, Jiyong." he said and gave his fiancee a kiss.

"Goodnight Kai." they said in unison.

Jiyong stayed up a little while longer and when he decided to go to bed, Dara followed him. Jennie had moved to the arm chair where Jisoo sat earlier and was now looking into the crackling fire. She sat in front of the fire until it died down then she joined her fiance in bed. He was already asleep when she crawled beneath the covers.

Jiyong and Kai left early the following morning. Jennie was up before Dara, she hadn't slept much last night. Thankfully the guys had made some coffee before they left so she poured herself a large cup of coffee and brought it outside as she sat down in a chair on the porch. It looked like it could be a really nice day, it was already about 68 degrees and it was only 9 o'clock.

A while later Dara joined her on the porch.

"Oh what a lovely morning, looks like we'll have a great day today." Dara said cheerfully.

"Yeah, looks like it." Jennie replied.

"How long have you been up?" Dara asked.

"About an hour or so." Jennie answered.

"Oh okay. Have you had any breakfast?"

"Just coffee." Jennie said.

"Well, I for one am starving. I'll go fix something in the kitchen, you stay here and enjoy the morning sun, I'll let you know when it's finished. I'm sure Jisoo will be up soon too." Dara said and headed back inside.

Jennie finished her coffee and put the cup down on the table beside her. When she looked up she saw that Jisoo was walking up towards the cottage. Suddenly her heart started to beat faster and as Jisoo walked up the stairs she was certain it would jump out of her chest at any second.

"Morning." Jisoo said and sat down in the chair on the opposite side.

"Morning..." Jennie said back and watched the other woman rub her eyes, apparently still pretty sleepy.

Jisoo noticed Jennie's cup on the table and was instantly filled with an urgent need for coffee.

"Please say there's some coffee left?"

"I think there's still some in the coffeepot inside." Jennie answered.

She couldn't help but laugh when the brunette almost sprinted into the cottage. A moment later she returned sipping on a large cup of coffee, looking very content.

"I take it there was still some left?" Jennie said and smiled.

"Yes, thank God!" Jisoo sighed.

"I can't function properly if I don't get coffee first thing when I wake up." she continued.

"Oh, mom said breakfast was almost done." she added.

Jennie nodded. Jisoo put her cup down and noticed Jennie's empty cup.

"Oh I'm sorry, did you want more coffee? I just filled my own cup and didn't think to ask if you wanted more. Do you? I can go inside and-"

Jennie interrupted her.

"Jisoo, it's fine. I'll get some more inside, really it's fine." Jennie said.

"Okay, still, I apologize for not asking."

"It's totally fine, forget about it." Jennie smiled.

"But I am kinda hungry so what do you say about joining your mother for breakfast?" she asked.

"Sounds like a great idea." Jisoo said and smiled.

The awkwardness they both felt last night had fortunately disappeared and both women silently breathed a sigh of relief.

They had a very nice breakfast with lots of laughter. Dara was thrilled to spend the next couple of days with just the girls. Since the day turned out brilliant Dara suggested they spend the day by the lake. Both Jisoo and Jennie thought it was a great idea but then it dawned on Dara that spending a day by the lake would mean spending a day in a bikini. Not that she had a problem with that, the problem was that Jennie would probably also wear a bikini and that she had a problem with.

From what she saw yesterday when Jennie was in her minimal running gear, the raven had an amazing body and just the thought of seeing her in even less clothing than that made her palms start to perspire.

She helped clear the table then went back to the boat house to get changed. Standing in front of the mirror she inspected her outfit for the umpteenth time, she was wearing a black halterneck bikini top and black and blue swim shorts. She knew she was fit, working as an FBI agent required her to be in shape and she spent a lot of time at the gym, but she'd never felt comfortable wearing bikini pants. It made her feel exposed and really uncomfortable. She stepped away from the mirror, grabbed a towel and headed down to the lake.