11- Would you mind if I did?

"Did you get lost in your own house?" Sean reproached me only half joking, standing outside of my front door.

It was Monday, ergo the day of our first rehearsals with Tessandra for her new project.

And of course I was late.

"Sorry, I just need to grab my bag and I'm ready..." I said, apologetically, realizing I've been making him wait for me in the car for almost twenty minutes.

Excitement and anxiety seemed to go arm in arm that day, making me loose focus and waste time on irrelevant details.

Like the color of my socks, for example.

I run upstairs to my room, retrieved my gym bag and sprinted down again, finding Sean in the same spot as before, with the same defeated face.

"Mom! We're heading out!" I yelled, waiting with my hand on the doorknob for a response. "I'll text you later!"

"Good luck!" my mom's distant voice said. She was probably in the garage, cleaning up the mess my dad left when he tried to fix the portable barbecue last night.

He didn't succeed, of course.

I closed the door behind me, then followed after Sean to his sister's car parked on the driveway.

He finally got his license last month, but considering that last events and my consequential resolution got in the way of our interactions, I still hadn't experienced his driving.

"Ready, miss?" he joked, opening the car door for me and bowing down.

He was such a silly head, but I admit, he made me laugh.

Hell, he could tell the worst pun in the history of puns, he would still make me laugh.

Yes, that's how desperate my situation had turned...

"Ready for rehearsals or ready for the "Sean Lew driving"experience?" I asked, teasing him a little while I hopped in.

He went around the car and took a seat behind the wheel. "Both, actually... even though, I assure you, there is no need to worry about my driving skills."

He winked at me, causing my heart to skip a beat. Then he turned on the engine and slowly started to maneuver the car out of the driveway and into the street.

"Why, do you think I should be worried about Tessandra's project, instead?" I asked him, chewing on my bottom lip out of nerves.

He furrowed his brows and shot me a quick glance, immediately bringing his eyes back to the road.

"Of course not, I was just joking..." he answered, his voice softening. "No reason to be anxious, we've worked with Tessandra before."

"Yeah, but not like this..."

He looked confused, so I tried to explain myself a little better.

"We've taken her classes, sure, but this time she chose us." I said, emphasizing the last words. "Like, she wanted us, Sean and Kaycee, to portray this choreography."

He nodded, stopping at a red light and finally turning to me, a small smile grazing his lips. "But that's a good thing, isn't it?"

I lost myself in his warm eyes for a minute. He looked happy and calm and relaxed, as everyone should be on the first day of rehearsals.

So why couldn't I just feel the same?

"It's good, but also scary." I considered. "It's a lot of pressure and a lot of expectations, what if we can't live up to those? What if she realizes she made a mistake choosing us? What if we can't portray the story the way she wants us too? What if w-"