30

The little boat ride was shorter than I expected as we made our way to the larger one ahead. The guy driving us slowly brought the boat over to a landing where another gentleman was standing. He reached out to me and helped me onto the platform, then helped Namjoon up.

Namjoon thanked the guy in the motor boat and he waived to us. We were directed to climb up a latter and Namjoon insisted on me going first.

"You just want to look up my dress." I accused crossing my arms.

He smiled. "Well that might be true, but would you rather me be looking, or this guy?" He asked gesturing to the person waiting for us to move.

"Good point." I said turning around and starting to climb up. Namjoon held onto my heels for me, so that I could focus on getting up in one piece. There was another person at the top, and once I got there they held onto me tightly, helping me get over the edge. Once I was on my feet, I ran my fingers through my hair in attempt to tame it. Namjoon came over the side and handed me my heels before swinging his leg over and landing on his feet. "Thank you." I smiled to the man in uniform.

I turned to Namjoon who rushed me and picked me up swinging me in a circle. I couldn't help but laugh at his behavior and when he placed me back on my feet, he kissed me softly over and over. "Thank you for going through this with me. I promise it will be worth it." He lifted his arm to check the time, and a grin spread across his face. "Just in time." He said looking back over to me. "Put your shoes on." he encouraged.

He let me hang onto him for balance as I slipped my heels back on my feet. When I was done and standing straight, we laced our fingers together and he pulled me to a shallow staircase, up to a cage like ledge on top of the boat.

"What are we doing up here?" I asked Watching him lock the opening shut. "You need to start explaining yourself."

"You trust me, right?" he asked looking at his watch again.

"I do...but what are we waiting for?"

He moved behind me and pushed my shoulders to look out to the open water, and it was dark. You could see that there were several other boats out on the water by their shadows, and that's when I noticed that the boat we were on wasn't moving. I was so confused but that's when a light flicker caught my eye. Namjoon made me step forward, and my stomach was pressed up against the side of the railing, my arms resting on to tops of them. Namjoon had his arms wrapped around my body, his head resting next to mine looking out in the openness.

One flickering light turned into two, then three, then seven, then 15 and slowly more and more lights started to float up into the sky from each boat ahead. I was amazed...and the scene in front of me reminded me of something...but I know I had never experienced this before.

But then it hit me.

"The floating lights..." I whispered, the memory coming back to me.

"Tangled is really your favorite Disney movie? Out of all the classics, you pick Tangled?"

"I don't like the Tudeh I'm hearing."

"Why that one though?"

"Because Rapunzel is a good person despite being raised by a wicked person. She puts others before herself, and she is kind hearted. Plus I absolutely love the scene with the lanterns. Its beautiful even for a cartoon. It would be amazing to see it in person."

I went to turn to look at him, but he kept me looking outward, watching as the sky filled with floating lights. Just then I saw one in the corner of my eye making me turn. There were more coming from behind us, and I struggled against Namjoon's hold.