- PART 6 -

THEO

THEO

~

TROUBLE WAS IN THE AIR as the delegates arrived. Forced to wait outside in the cold, I was thankful for my height, for once. Standing five foot three, the bodies of annoyingly tall upperclassman blocked the chill for the most part. But, I was still freezing my ass off.

"This is ridiculous," I scoffed, rubbing my arms for warmth. I had neglected to bring my fur-lined winter cloak from the depths of the common room, leaving me in just my school uniform, not even my jacket around to save me from the frost.

With a sigh from my side, a arm was suddenly wrapped around me, pulling me partially under someone's cloak. I sent a glare at the warm Cedric Diggory, ready to remind him that I was a independent person who did not need to be warmed by—

"You were complaining too much. I'm trying to hear. Win-win, Doe."

"Fine," I sighed, leaning further into the warmth.

It took an eternity for the delegates to arrive from the other three schools, all of which was spent trying to stay awake, enveloped in Hufflepuff warmth. It was probably the longest time I had voluntarily touched someone while (mostly) conscious. Eventually though, I started to doze off, leaning more into Cedric.

The next thing I knew, all three delegates had arrived, and Cedric was shaking me awake. Blinking widely, I glanced at the two different schools— Durmstrang, Beauxbotons.

"Y'know, I wouldn't be opposed to a piggy-back into the castle." I murmured, trying to look tough while fighting a yawn.

Cedric laughed, cocking his head. "Really? It won't ruin your reputation?"

"I'll just say you're my servant, if anyone asks."

Instead of giving a response, the Hufflepuff suddenly had me on his back, holding me by the legs as I gripped his cloak. I slowly woke up more and more as we entered the castle, noticing the amused look on McGonagall's face, and the eye roll from my Head of House. Cedric deposited me at the Slytherin table, ruffling my hair before I could stop him. I scoffed, jokingly shoving him as I sat down.

__

"Tee, you put your name in yet?"

I turned towards the annoyance, cocking an eyebrow. "What makes you think I'm stupid enough to try and enter?"

The twins shared a glance, laughing. "Psh, we all know you can't resist—"

"Like you two aren't going to do the same?" I questioned, reading the instructions of the board.

"Well, we were waiting until tonight—"

"Give it a bit of flourish." George grinned, leaning closer.