Chapter 49: "Rest and Relaxation"

Your eyes opened slowly only to be met with the faint sunlight shining through the curtains of your window. You smiled slightly and shifted in your bed slightly to sit up, but you soon realized that you couldn't move. You looked over your shoulder to see Papyrus fast asleep, spooning you. That explains why you can't move. He has his arms around your waist.

You smile, watching his content expression. He looks so peaceful when he's asleep. You start thinking of a cute way to wake him up. Maybe a kiss? Whispering his name? Telling him you love him? Those all seem so basic, and he looks quite happy to be asleep. So, perhaps you should just leave him alone.

So, you turned back over and rested your head on your pillow. Perhaps you can snooze a bit longer.

"Sweet dreams, Papyrus." You whispered quietly as you shut your eyes again slowly.

Thud!

Suddenly Maia burst through the door, her green eyes wide. "What the hell is this?" She spoke as she held up a newspaper. Papyrus suddenly woke up, but despite your efforts to move away from him to make the suspicion less, he pulled you close to him protectively, holding you against his chest. "what?" He rasped, his voice deeper than usual.

You blush in embarrassment and she grins. "1. I knew it. 2. I have bad news." She began. You blush, trying to pull away from Papyrus, but his grip is tight.

"What do you know?" You reply, trying to act clueless. She snickers at this, approaching the bed. "Chill, Papyrus. Cripes." She rolled her eyes, then sat at the foot of the bed. "This should explain it, (Y\N)." She responded, then slid you the newspaper. You immediately picked it up and looked at it. Sitting on the front page was a photo of you and Audrey fighting at the protest, your arm in her hold. And, to make it worse, you're wearing Papyrus' hoodie in it. It's very obvious due to the color and size.

Inscribed on the front is "Mystery Monster Supporter Intervenes In "Citizens Against Monsters"' Protest"

"oh, hell naw. the ebott times caught this moment?!" Papyrus gasped, gently taking the paper from your hand. "Papyrus, what does it say about the ordeal?" You ask, worried.

"well..." He clears his throat and shakes out the newspaper. "we'll see." He adds before he begins to observe the text.

"Division broke out yesterday night as 'Citizens Against Monsters' marched beside Davidson Road for 3 miles. Suddenly, the group of 200 came to a halt as an unidentified member of the group was found starting an argument with another unidentified woman. Soon, the reason behind their clash became obvious. For the stranger who accidentally ran into the member was pro-monster.

Things escalated quickly and the member of 'Citizens Against Monsters' grabbed the stranger by the arm. Heated conversation on her part ensued as crowds began to watch the argument enfold. Some of the Pro-Monster activist's words swayed the crowd as they cheered. But, that didn't last long. Things became more and more hostile until finally, the Anti-Monster activist reared back to punch the Monster Supporter before a man suddenly grabbed her wrist. He had been traveling with the group, but after seeing the member's behavior, he confronted her, to which she slapped him. He thereafter left the protest with the Monster Supporter following close behind.

These three individuals have not yet been identified and 'Citizens Against Monsters' refuses to comment on the situation. More updates are to follow as Ebott City remains divided."

"If they find out your identity, (Y\N), your life could be over!" Maia suddenly exclaimed when Papyrus finished reading the article. "I wouldn't go as far as to say that. There are plenty of witnesses that saw the fight do down. I never even really touched her on my own." You responded, shrugging. "Hm, I suppose you have a point..." She trailed off. "i mean, someone could certainly make ya look dirty." Papyrus commented.