Damian apologizes (tries) to Anya

- italics are thoughts -

This was the umpteenth time in a day Damian had stolen a glance on whom he dubbed his "mortal enemy." His eyes squinted unconciously in an attempt to intimidate and to spite Anya. Without her knowing.

After hearing her apology the other day, he'd stormed off in a feat of flush and embarassment. He now unconciously found it a problem that he couldn't come near her as easily anymore and he didn't even know why.

He mumbles a 'hmph' to himself, convincing that there is no problem. I'm not bothered that Anya is keeping her distance away from me and she didn't even look at me the rest of the day since yesterday and that she'd always take a step away whenever I was near. No, not at all.

He steals a glance at the girl once again and he swore he saw her quickly avoiding his eyes. Damian ruffles his hair in a frustrating manner. Argh! Why?! After saying she wanted to become friends THEN she avoids the great Damian Desmond! How dare she?

Damian went to ask his minion a question. As naturally as he could. "Hey you. Answer something for me." The kid immediately obliged and nodded quickly.

"I-If someone suddenly avoids you or something like that, what does it mean?"

The kid thought for a moment and simply answered. "That person maybe hates you now."

"What? How dare you say she hates me?!" Damian unconciously shouts out to which the entire class looks. He was quickly embarassed and proceeded to give them a death stare. The entire class immediately went back to their usual business in fear of offending the child aristocrat.

The kid he asked was now shaking, afraid he'd offended Damian and not long after, paled when Damian suddenly holds both his shoulders, asking a question in a serious manner. "How- How can I get a person to not hate me?"

The kid, now teary eyed, trembles as he speaks "M-My mom says a-apologizing is good."

Damian lets go of his shoulders and puts his thumb and pointing finger on his chin to contemplate, when Anya and Becky enters the room, catching Damian's attention. He flushes. Again.

Me? A-Apologizing to that... that- Damian looks at Anya to once again end up being flustered.

Fine. All I have to say is "sorry" right? It's just a word. Just a word. Damian musters the courage and walks towards where Anya is. Becky notices and squints her eyes "You wanna get punched a second time?"

"Shut up. I have something to say to this.. this- ugly." Damian says while looking away. Anya was genuinely curious and nervous as she's afraid she'd done something again. Thus the reason of why she kept her distance.

"I- I... I'm.." Damian, who never apologized his whole life, suddenly found it hard to say what he assumed to just be a measly simple word. He continued to stutter and eventually bursted out something else.

"I... I-I accept your apology! Be grateful!" I'm sorry!

Damian facepalmed internally. Darn it, that wasn't what I was supposed to say.He reluctantly looks at Anya, and is taken aback as he saw her smiling at him instead.

He was confused. And he won't admit that that feeling came through him again.

Little did he know, the message came perfectly across with the little psychic.