•• 1 ••

Lorraine's POV

  Were all currently walking, the forest outside the house is so big! The trees are so huge and something feels so weird, not only with the place but also with my body. It feels like my limbs are going to give up as we walk, run and jump. I look beside me as Ray smiled while looking around the forest, looking amazed with his wide eyes.

"Did you feel that?" He suddenly ask, I frowned and look around.

"I can sense that something is wrong in here but I don't even know if my senses are working properly, forgive me." I whispered and turn my eyes to Emma, she looks really happy but still determined, determined to survive in this new environment.

  Everyone is looking really happy, tired and some of them are sleepy. We pass by a under a tree that created a cave like shape, we all deciding that we'll have our first breakfast in there, our first breakfast after escaping the Grace Field house. I wouldn't lie, I'm already missing the warmth of the bed in the house, the warm foods and some of our siblings but nothing's best when you know that you're far from deaths.

I put a hand on where my left ear was as I giggled, sitting down and leaning on the tree, I closed my eyes as I recalled what I did. It would be much easier if I just pull out the tracking device from my ear before but instead, I cut my left ear to show to that man, to him, that he can't control me. He and the demons can have my left ear, since I left it inside mom's office, inside a jar with some medicines in it, that ear needs to stay good looking.

  They can have a taste of something that they can't never touch.

"Are you all right?" Ray sat down beside me, making me open my eyes to see him.

"Of course, I'm all right, I stich my wound properly and apply medicine on it!" I said proudly while looking away from his eyes.

"Emma told me that were heading for south." He whispered, giving me a bread, I declined the offer and just lean my head on his shoulder.

"How did she know about it?" I ask him, knowing very well that Emma have the pen, Norman left it to us even if he knows that it can help him.

"She showed me a pen, saying that we'll meet Mr. Minerva---"

"Lani! Lani is missing!" Thoma came running to us with a worried and shocked face, Christie was trailing behind the boy.

"Where is Emma? The others!?" I ask him, looking around, grabbing Emma's shoulder as I hug her close to me.

"Wait, calm down, we need to find the others too." Emma whispered, I pull away from the hug with wide eyes.

"Everyone!?" I ask her.

"Why did everyone went missing!? Where are they?" Ray ask, his voice were booming as Emma grip my arms a little tight. I hug Christie closer to me as Emma hold the other boy, Thoma, in her arms.

  Suddenly, the soil under our feet opened it's way for us to fall in it's invisible trap, Ray wrapped his arms around me as I did the same with Christie, Emma hugging Thoma closer to her as the five of us fall down, we didn't land softly on the ground, it's so dark.

"Ray?" I called out to him while trying to look in the darkness, only to be dissapointed when I couldn't.

"I'm here." He answered, making me sigh in relief.

  Finally after a few minutes, I got used with the darkness, I saw Emma not so far from us and I quickly threw myself on her, she hugged me back and ask the little boy in my arms if he's okay, Christie smiled to her and Ray suddenly came behind me.