Chapter 17

During the ceremony of which they withdrew the names from the goblet, the long tables had been split in half and there were stands around the room for students to sit on. "Sit down, please." Dumbledore's voice, although not loud, was clear enough to be heard through out the hall, despite the murmurs of students. "Now the moment you've all been waiting for: The champion selection." the man then turned, qiockly putting out the fires that lit up the room so the only light was the glowing blue flame of the goblet.

Dumbledore began to approach the flame in order to collect the names, reeling back slightly as the flames turned from blue to a pinky-red colour. They flickered blue once more before a singed piece of parchment came out, Dumbledore catching it first time. Bringing it down for him to read, the man spoke loudly "The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum." there was an applause as cheers erupted from Durmstrang. The young man approaching Dumbledore before being sent off to the room behind the hall.

The flames switched colours once more before sending out yet another piece, "The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour" once more, there was an applause as a gorgeus young woman rose and approached Dumbldore and shook his hand before disappearing off after Krum. The next name came out shortly after, "The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!" the applause after his name was loud as well, whistles erupting from both his friends and classmates. "Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory... The Triwizard cup!" He spun round, quickly casting a wandless, non-verbal spell and sending the cover of the glowing trophy flying backwards to reveal what it was covering.

Eyes returned to the cup as it began to fizzle once more, flame turning red as Dumbledore approached it. Once more, a parchment came flying, smoldering at the edges of the lined paper. "Harry Potter." the man mumbled before looking around the room, "Harry Potter?" he spoke up this time as people searched for said boy. "Harry Potter!" Dumbledore's voice was raised this time as he called for the boy yet again. Harry approached the man tentively as he recieved his name and disappeared after the others. Calls of disapproval following him as he walked, other under 17 year-olds clearly unhappy about the fact he got selected. The teachers, whilst a lot more discrete about it, where also greatly surprised by this news. As he passed Sakura, she gave him a gentle pat on the back, "Good luck, Harry" she whispered before walking away. Harry looked at her in gratitude and confusion before shaking his head and leaving. The wooden door slamming shut after him.

Moments later, Dumbledore instructed the students to leave, the large hall slowly draining of children and young adults. Meanwhile, the heads of each school and a few of the Hogwarts professors headed down to the room in which the champions were congregating in. Sakura's keen green eyes following wearily after Mad-eye Moody. For some reason, she felt unnerved just being in the man's presence. It was not a feeling she enjoyed either, making a mental note to avoid he man wherever possible from now on.

She turned around and spotted Draco leaving the hall slowly, his two followers missing from his side. Smiling to herself, Sakura raced after the boy, jumping on his back causing him to almost drop her in surprise. "Heya there Draco." she spoke happily into the boy's ear causing him to tense slightly before relaxing as he recognised who she was. Slowly lowering the girl, he looked her dead in the eye, "Please don't do that again, Sakura." she fought the fluster at the eye contact before giving him a cheeky smile, "No promises Draco" she held her hands behind her back before cheerfully skipping off down the corridor, Draco scoffing before following after her.

The pair had talked for about half-an-hour as they slowly walked towards the Slytherin common room. After they got there, they finished their conversation before Sakura watched Draco pass through the large snake statue and disappear. The girl waited there for a few minutes before skipping off down the corridor to make sure that Harry was feeling okay.

Just short of an hour after that, the hall had been cleared of students and the four champions returned. Sakura, who'd previously been pacing, walked quickly towards them. "Harry, are you okay? Ron looked very upset." the black-haired boy gave her a nervous smile, before nodding his head "I-I think so" he managed, Sakura gave him another smile before turning to look at Viktor Krum, "It's good to see you, I hope your feeling better and you haven't bashed yourself up too much." she gave him a geniuine smile and a quiet giggle before turning back to Harry before the young man was able to reply. "Anyway, just wanted to make sure your okay, if you need a sleep draught, alert myself or Madame Pomphrey, otherwise, good luck." she gave him a smile and wave as she flickered out of sight. Krum scowled, she always seemed to disappear before he could have a proper conversation with her. He approached the boy she'd refered to as 'Harry' and spoke up, "Is she normally like that?" he didn't turn to look at the boy, simply looking forwards as he spoke to him. "What? Sakura you mean?" his question was answered by a quick 'yes' from Krum causing him to repluy, "Yeah, I mean she does normally stick around longer, but she is rather blunt. But I don't know her very well, your better off asking someone else if I'm honest." Krum hummed before losing interest in the boy and striding off.

Harry, on the other hand, dreaded returning to the Gryffindor dorms. If what Sakura had said was true, he was going to have a long night. Sighing, he followed Krum out of the hall.