Prologue

(Y/N)'s POV
Long ago, humans and monsters ruled the Earth. One day, monsters attacked the humans unexpectedly and mercilessly, out of fear of their only weakness: having their soul absorbed by a human. Humans were too weak to put up a fight; the soul of nearly every human combined is only just as strong as the power of one monster soul. Countless humans were slaughtered but without a single monster soul taken. Eventually, the humans surrendered, and the monsters were victorious. The monsters gathered seven of their best magicians and sealed the humans under Mount Ebott with a magic spell. After the war, the humans retreated into the deepest part of the underground, which they called Home. After a period had passed, no longer fearing the monsters, the humans repopulated and made their capital in a place they called New Home.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I slowly opened my tired eyes to my alarm clock beeping, just another five minutes please, I pressed the snooze button and drifted back into my dreams. And not long after, my alarm woke me up again. This time, I unplugged my alarm. Finally, peace and quiet. Now I can go back to sleeping and dreaming, mainly sleeping than dreaming this time.

As I lay sleeping in my bed, my door was slammed opened by my little sister, Papyrus, who was trying to wake me up. "Sister! Wake up! We're going to be late for our patrol!" She turned on the lights and marched over to my bed. "Do you know how late you're sleeping in for?!"

"Come on, sis..." I pulled my blanket over my face, "Give me five more minutes..."

She yanked my blanket off my bed, "We're going to be late! Get up!" She pouted, "Do I have to do everything for you?!"

I yawned and sat up from my bed, "Fine fine, sis, I'll get ready..." She smiled proudly at herself and left the room.

Well, another day, the same old routine. I stood up from my bed and stretched a bit while walking to my drawer. I opened my drawer to see all of my unorganized and dirty clothes, the only clean article of clothing I had were the clothes I was wearing right now and some jeans. So, I changed into those jeans. My classic outfit of a white shirt, jeans, and socks.

After "freshening" up for the morning, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to see Papyrus making some spaghetti. "Heyya sis..."

Papyrus looked at me, "(Y/N), what on Earth?! I thought you were going to get ready! Go fix yourself up!" She pushed me out of the kitchen.

It seems like she wants more effort into my outfit, so I glanced around the living room to see if there was anything laying around that I could wear. My jacket. I put on my jacket and went back into the kitchen, "Done." I smiled.

She crossed her arms and sighed, "Seriously?! Whatever. Put on some shoes, we're about to leave soon." I walked back into the living room and put on my comfy slippers then went back to her, "(Y/N)! Would you at least put some effort into your outfit?!"

I giggled, "Alright alright, sis..." I teleported into my room and grabbed a piece of paper to write 'effort' on it. Then I pinned it to my shirt and showed it to Papyrus, "EFFORTuntately, I can only put it over my shirt, sis." I chuckled.

She screamed, "Sister, why?!" I jokingly shrugged and she sighed, "Here," She gave me a plate of spaghetti, "Eat up. I'll be going to my post and you better be at yours when you finish! I don't want you to be anywhere else, especially Grillby's!" I nodded and she went out of the house.

Shortly after my sis left, I finished up my plate and took a shortcut to my post, via teleporting. My post was near the ruin exit, by the bridge. Papyrus tried to build bars for the bridge so no monster could pass it but she made the bars a bit too wide, allowing anyone to pass. I sat under a tree and waited for any monsters to come.

The king, Asgore, wants seven monsters souls so he could free his people. So far, he only has six and needs one more to destroy the spell barrier. It's quite a hassle for this whole thing, too much work to do such a thing. And the last time I saw a monster was months ago, seeing another one come is a rare occurrence. I doubt any monster would dare go into Mt. Ebott anyways so, I'll take this time to sleep and forget my surroundings....

Ink's POV
The Alternate Universes, my greatest accomplishments of all time. Each one of them is unique, all having the same cast of characters, sharing some sort of similarity, but again, they are all different in their own way. I gazed at all of them at once, admiring their beauty, it just gives me great happiness.

Before I knew it, Dream popped into my world, a bit of a surprise, "Ink! How's it going?" I jumped a bit.

"Hello Dream...! I'm good, how about you?"

He smiled, "Good! I'm glad to report that my brother, Nightmare, has been on close watch! He has been stable and good...!"

"Same for Error, he hasn't tried anything funny recently. The AUs are all in order and peace!" I looked to the AUs a bit, "Hey Dream, would you like to give Undertale a visit?" He nods.

We walked to the paper that was marked Undertale and as we reached it, Dream noticed something strange, "Hey Ink... what's that universe?" He pointed to a piece of paper far away from the rest, an area that I haven't yet had a chance to explore.

It had the cast of Undertale but they were all humans but the Papyrus and Sans in this one were gender-swapped. This was quite a mix. The Sans in this one was something too, she was breathtaking; and she had (H/L), (H/C) hair, (S/C) skin, sparkly (E/C) eyes, she was beautiful. I took a closer look at this universe, it was as old as Undertale. How did I miss this? I looked over to Dream, "This is as old as Undertale..."

"Really?! We have to visit it then! Don't you think?" I nod.

"Yeah but, we should bring the other Sanses too..."

Dream agreed and we went to get the Sanses from Undertale, Underfell, Underswap, Underfresh, and Aftertale. All of them agreed to our journey and we met at the paper. From there, we entered into the AU....