Chapter three

By the time you were done it was morning, people were bustling around once more and you could here people wondering the trees halls. With a yawn and a stretch you stood up, bare feet touching the cool ground. With your hands clasped behind your back you made your way to your throne and sat down with crossed legs, dress covering your legs and feet.

"Where is Havir?"
"He's on his way my lady." The female guard bowed.
"Thank you Savir, you can go you know, I'm sure your brother Lahir is waiting."

Her green eyes shone with excitement as she bowed and ran away. Quickly hugged Havir as he entered before she left. Havir chuckled and walked over, taking his spot besides you.

"You're much to kind you know."
"I believe kindness is the only way to treat others."
"I know you do." He smiled softly.
"What needs doing today?"

Havir hummed and rapped his chin in deep thought before he turned to you.

"The dwarfs wish to look for supplies, the hobbit needs new clothes, they need their weapons sharpened, the young prince, Kili is in need of arrows. Gandalf has also asked if they can borrow some horses."
"Much to do, when the dwarfs and hobbit have eaten please send them in here, ask them to bring their weapons. Also fetch Gandalf."
"Right away." Havir smiled.

As he left you closed your eyes and folded your hands into a prayer motion, straightened your back and took a deep breath. Your mind went blank before a scene came to view.

You were stood at the base of a mountain, it's entrance had been blocked up, above it were the dwarfs, Thorin with his crown and a crazed look in his eyes. Next to you was an elven king on his elk, a human on his horse and behind you was an elven army.

You heard them vaguely saying something about war, but the scene changed. An image of Fili on the ground, then an image of Kili in an Elleths arms, then Thorin, with a distressed Bilbo by his side.

Gasping, your eyes shot open. Everyone was gazing at you in confusion and Havir rushed over, dropping to his knees before you.

"What did you see?" He asked quietly.
"A terrible fate for the line of durin. We will talk more tonight."

He nodded and stood up, standing back so you can stand up too. Quickly you walked over to the group who were waiting.

"What can we do for you my lady?" Gandalf smiled.
"It has come to my attention you are in need of a few things. Come we can have them done."

Walking away from them, they followed you out of the street and onto the dirt path, over a bridge and to a small store to the right. Knocking on the door you entered.

"Queen (Y/N), what can I do for you?" The elderly woman smiled.
"Hello Reva, I have a halfling who is in need of new clothing, may you help him?"
"Of course, of course!"
"Come mister Baggins, tell her your measurements and your colours."

Bilbo stepped forward with uncertainty but with an encouraging nod he walked closer, listing his measurements and what colours he wanted. When Reva has all she need Bilbo smiled and walked away.

"They'll be done this evening."
"Thank you."

Ushering the group out you begun to walk down some more shops and stalls. People walked out the way and bowed while others grinned and waved. Above children giggled and bridges swayed slightly.

"What are those things?" Fili asked pointing up.

Following his gaze, you saw three cloaked figures jumping from bridge to bridge.

"Ah! Those are the messengers. They take parcels and letters all across the forest kingdom. They are mainly elves but there's a few humans."
"You have elves here?" Thorin spat.

Turning around you gazed at him directly in the eyes with no smile on your face. Everyone stopped what they were doing, whispers and protests about his rudeness were heard. Holding up your hand everyone silenced.

"Thorin Oakenshield, my kingdom is a very peaceful one. We do not hate or favour one race more than the others, nor do we discriminate. Yes, we have elves here, we also have hobbits, humans and dwarfs. Now, if you do not like elves that is unfortunate, and it sadness me to know you do not like such peaceful folk, but I will not tolerate your distaste rudeness to them. If you cannot speak kindly of them or anyone in this kingdom you will do well not to speak at all. Am I understood?"

Thorin looked like he wanted to say something, but he gulped and looked down as he nodded his head. The others in the company snickered at him.

"That goes for you all, take this as a warning, I will not repeat myself on the matter. There will be no rudeness or anything like it in these trees, am I clear?"

Everyone paled slightly and frantically nodded their heads. With a satisfied hum, you smiled and turned back around, clasped your hands behind your back.

"Right them, come along we head to Burs blacksmith."

Everyone scurried after you as you led them through the maze of trees once more until you reached a cross in the river. Two bridges stood before you and to your right, and to the left stood a shop.

"Burs blacksmith. Go inside and leave your weapons along the wall and Bur will sharpen them shortly."

Everyone nodded and piled their weapons along the wall, you pointed to the bridge in front of you.

"Now, I understand you need horses, come along. It is a long walk it'll take about two hours to get there. Just follow the path straight down. Please be mindful not to antagonise any of the animals, they are very peaceful and friendly."

Everyone nodded and with Thorin in front they made their way over, you, Havir and Gandalf trailing behind