CHAPTER 28.

Before you start reading, I would like to say that I love you all! You may continue.🌸

My mom and I argued over my behavior at dinner

My mom and I argued over my behavior at dinner. It got heated, but my dad shut both of us. It was the first time my dad shouted and it actually made me feel bad. I apologized to both of them and promised them I will be on my best behavior till I return back.

I was happy to know that Tyler and Noah were staying with us until my sister's wedding. Every time I brought the subject about me returning back to NYC to make my parents sad. I try my best not to talk about it but we always end up talking about it. I know how bad they want me to stay and they won't pressure me because they want me to leave happily. I know I am not the perfect daughter but at least I try to make them happy. I think I don't deserve such parents. They always put a smile on my face. They make me feel happy and loved, but I, always end up making them hurt. They are best at hiding their emotions.

I am not leaving them for Tyler, I never will. I just want to be someone they will look forward to. Someone who will make them proud. I want to be a businesswoman on my own efforts. Dad even offered me to take over his business but I rejected him because I want to establish my own firm. To make them proud. To be the reason behind their smiles. I just want them to wait. I know they can. They always do. For my happiness.

I was pulled back to reality when I heard footsteps behind me on way to my room. I turned my head to the left and saw Alyssa's annoyed face. I knew she felt my presence because she fucking removed my hand from the lock and twisted it, opening the door. Best actress award goes to my one and only best friend, Alyssa Grey! Someone is not in a good mood. How about ruining it more? An evil smirk tugged at the corner of my lips as I followed her in.

"Aly!" I shouted as I leaned on the door of the dressing room.

"I am in the same room, Vanessa!" She calmly said but in a serious way, moving her head out of the closet and rolled her eyes at me. Yeah, she has her separate closet in my dressing room. Best friend's goals?

"Woah! Someone is not at all in a good mood." I smirked, walking over to her.

"Why would you say that?" She asked, shutting the closet. She passed by me, making her way out and towards the bed.

"Because you called me Vanessa instead of Van and that sounds weird from your mouth," I said, still leaning on the door.

She placed her black lose shirt and grey shorts on the bed and looked at me.
"So?" She raised her eyebrow, again passing by me, into the dressing room.

"What do you mean by so? You never call me, Vanessa. You only say my whole name when you are angry over something...or me." I said. I took the hairbrush from her hand and kept it on the dresser. I took her hands in mine, walking out of the dressing room and made her sit on the bed.