Engineered Empress Part 22

Chapter 22

"Ceri send Aidan/Allistor a message on his DOA, will you? Just this 'Is this room bugged?'" Bia waited for him to read to a message of the DOA coughed and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, what is it Mr. Jefferson?" she asked.

"Naye, noth'n here just me." Bia really had to concentrate to understand his brogue and asked exasperated.

"Please tell me that accent is as false as your name." Now it was his turn to stare at her, so he came and sat down in front of her.

"What's it to you?" He asked her growling, but she just smirked at him.

"Let's just say an enemy of my enemy is my friend. I just want to go home after we arrive on Wandu. I know why you are here, and if push comes to shove, I am willing to help you find her."

"How do you know all that?" His eyes narrowed.

"I had a friend hack your DOA and the ship systems." Now he just stared at her wide eyed.

"That...That's not possible, they scrambled all your nanites in your body."

"I can't tell you how, just that it happened Allistor."

"What do you need from me?" he asked carefully.

"As weird as it sounds, calories. Preferable carbs and fats. I healed a brain injury, a kidney, my spleen and shoulder, plus some minor bruises in the days I arrived on this ship. And I just got one bowl of gruel." Allistor was astonished.

"That is not..." But Bia disrupted him.

"Yes, it is! It's not normal or even rare, just let's say I am one of a kind for now."

"Okay I'll get you something to eat. But I really need to find Wandu and my niece Gwen, so don't dare do something stupid, I won't hesitate when it comes down between you or her." He pointed one of knives at her, she used in their fight, before tucking it away.

"Not as long as I am strung up like this. But...we need a plan, otherwise people who search for me might find me before you are ready for it."

"Well, I'll get you food. How bad do you need the fat? We have a carton of oil, it doesn't taste good, but I can put some into your food."

"If nobody misses it bring a bottle of it. I already was at a point where the only fatty tissue in my body was my brain and I do not want to go down that path again. So yeah as long it's fatty acids I take it." With that Allistor left the room.

"Ceri, I suppose you have a streamlined process to get the fat where it needs to go? Or do I really need to go slow?"

"No, you are right, as soon as it hits your stomach, I can send the lipids into your cells. If need be, I also can stunt your taste buds for a bit."

"Oh yes, I really doubt it will be good. Not like they have cocoa butter on board." When Allistor reentered he brought a tray with a huge bowl of gruel, a cup of tea, an empty glass and a small canister of vegetable oil. He then took one of her former knives to cut her bonds of.

"So, ...you know who I am, but who are you?" he asked.

"I am Bia Norcott, part owner of Facet Inc., bio lab technician, hydroponic technician, botanist and aspiring pilot." That brought a smile to his face and he shook his head.

"Yeah that really is just a list, but why are you here?" She sighed deeply.

"I needed 200 hours as a copilot. So, I hired a friend to captain for me from Hunters Back to Keplar III. There I found forgeries of Facet Inc. algae starters, bad and dangerous ones. I helped the chandler getting investigated and he did not like that. Three thugs got the drop on me and hit me so hard I got a concussion and swelling in the brain and other injuries. Next, I woke up with Val in the room. You know the rest."