Chapter Thirty Three - Birthday Surprises

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

You're crazy and I love it.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

As I towel dry my wet hair, I stare out of Kayden's window. It was a beautiful day which only added to my mood. I felt relieved knowing that Kayden and I were okay.

A warm pair of lips leave a kiss on my shoulder blade. My skin shudders at the feeling and I turn my head round to be met with Kayden's dark eyes. "What's got you so deep in thought, hmm?" He asks before kissing my skin again.

Turning around to face him I offer a gentle smile. Shaking my head. "Nothing." I say.

Kayden lets out a sharp sigh as he cups my face with one hand. "Will you tell me what happened?" He questions.

I furrow my eyebrows towards him not understanding what he means. "When I dropped you back off at college. When you turned your phone off." He says.

Pursuing my lips I nod at him before placing my damp towel onto the radiator. I sit cross legged on his bed and Kayden soon joins me. "When I got back to my dorm there was this note on my floor," I keep my eyes firmly onto his duvet cover. If I looked at Kayden I knew I would get upset and I was sick to death of crying.

"It was from Josh saying he was sorry and that he was out of his face. So I got angry and I decided to confront him." Then I remember his face when I saw him.

I manage to flick my eyes up to Kayden, the corners of my mouth twitching slightly. "You completely fucked up his face, his nose is in some bandage. Pretty sure it is broken."

Kayden's expression right now was unreadable but I could tell he was trying his best not to get angry. "I should have done more." He grits out.

I shake my head at him. "You did enough," I say as I reach out to him.

His jaw tightens and he shakes his head back at me. "I could have killed him." He states. "I should have killed him."

"For what? For you to go to prison? He isn't worth it, I'm sure you've scared him away for life anyway." I try to tell him gently.

When he looks back to me, a wash of calmness reaches his eyes. "I know," he sighs. "What did he say when you confronted him?"

"He told me that he wasn't thinking and that 'I know him' and he would never do anything like that to me normally. I just told him to leave me alone and to stay away from me otherwise I'd call the police and tell them everything that happened."

Kayden softly smiles at me. "I'm so proud you stood up to him Kay,"

I nod. "Me too, it felt good for a split second then I freaked out and started panicking. So I rang you and then I scolded myself instantly for doing it, it's like I can't deal with something by myself." My face scrunches up in anger at myself.

"And then I got defensive when you showed up, I've never known what it felt like to be cared about like the way you care about me. And I'm sorry for what I said." I flick my eyes up to him.