Live?

Y/Ns pov.

Waking up in a beige-colored room I could hear my own heartbeat. Looking around with doe eyes I felt warmth in my chest as tubes were coming from my stomach and chest and an IV stuck in my hand.

seeing my mother and sister asleep, my sister at the end of my bed and my mom in the little cough in the corner of the room I felt relieved. "Where's dad?" Thinking of the devil he walked in with the happiest and most shocked face in the world. He walked up to me and grabbed my hand. Tears in his eyes. He seemed so happy and relieved once we touched.

'Sweets, you are finally awake. How are you feeling?' Smiling at him as a tear of happiness rolled over his cheek I answered his important question. 'I feel no pain so I guess that's good.' With a raspy voice, I tried to sound as positive as possible. 'I only feel a bit nauseous and numb. But I guess that's all the meds that I am on right?' Cracking a laugh he pulled in his lips and giggled afterward. 'You can still joke around.' Kissing my forehead we looked at each other.

'Sweetie.' As tears were already in my eyes, hearing my mother's broken voice made them fall. 'Mom!' With a shaking voice, I started to sob frantically as she ran up to me and held me into her arms. Both crying my father tagged in too.

Pulling back we all smiled and dried our tears. 'She is just dead asleep over there.' I laughed looked at my sister, me still having the hickups from crying.

As we all lightened up a bit she woke up.
'Omg!' Immediately falling into my lap and wrapping her arms around me I smiled and hugged her tight. 'Hi sis.' I whispered in her ear.

After an hour doctors came in to check on me and I finally knew what happened.

I have a rare condition.
It's the illness that not many struggle with but the once that do can live rather long periods with it, with fear lurking in the corner tho.

Organ failure~
My organs could fail at any time, any moment and this time my liver did... The pain in my chest was because my heart worked so hard for it to fix it that it almost stopped. Luckily I didn't get any heart problem from it they said. But still wtf, I could have died from it.

Now organ failure they said could appear at any moment, any organ. All I can do is go to the hospital as fast as possible as I feel this pain or other incredible or uneasy pain again. I would need to take it easy in school the first week as my liver is still recovering.

They were giving me blood because I lost a lot during the operation.

The doc told me I could have months, weeks maybe years, it was unpredictable. But keeping me in the hospital wasn't helping so after a few days I was able to go home if everything was alright. That's what they said.

Was I gonna tell anyone about this besides my family? No.

My whole family was crying as I just thought; I can live years with this. Is that naive of me? Or am I being too much of a fighter to quit at the age of 18?