S E V E N

Shota paced back and forth in his living room, grinding his teeth in annoyance and a strange, fluttering sensation swelling from his stomach to his chest. There was a woman laying on his couch, asleep, wearing his baggy tee, her toned and muscular legs more exposed than they should be. He knew that, at the very least, he was definitely attracted to her.

More pressing than that, they had twenty minutes until the first bell of the school day rang. If it were him, he'd be crawling from his bed and into his sleeping bag and hobbling to meeting his class, dreading every step. But now he felt responsible for waking Sumire and making sure she'd get to her own job on time.

He couldn't figure out how to do it. He didn't want to scare her. He also knew she'd be very angry if he didn't wake her in time. He also didn't know how to face the girl whose hand he had practically held all night.

He stood over the couch awkwardly. He kept thinking to himself, if it were anyone else... I wouldn't be this soft... She moved her leg slightly, and he couldn't keep himself from looking at the smooth, soft skin of thigh. As soon as he felt heat rise to his cheeks, he cursed himself and his obvious attraction towards her.

"Hey, Sumire." It dawned on him that it was the first time he was saying her first name out loud, but it wasn't the time to be flustered. "Sumire." He said a bit louder. Irritated that she wasn't waking up, he scratched the back of his head. He placed a hand on her shoulder and gently shook her. "Hey, Sumi-"

She groggily opened her gray eyes. "Shota?" She hummed, sleepiness keeping her voice from being fully understood. She pushed herself upright and realized that she was still in the man's apartment. It was a simple place that only held the bare necessities of living, possessing no personality or any sign that someone called it "home."

"I have to be at class in fifteen minutes." He muttered. For some reason he couldn't bring himself to meet her eyes.

"Oh, crap!" Sumire stood up, shocked into alertness. While her schedule wasn't as strict as the teacher's she was still expected to be at work at the same time. "Why didn't you wake me sooner?"

"It's not like I know how to deal with this." He grumbled, assuming more of his normal, annoyed and gloomy persona.

"Deal with what?"

"A nearly half-naked woman asleep on my couch after being attacked by some kind of paranormal thing who also happens to work in the same place as me."

She folded her arms over her well-endowed chest, having been reminded that she had stumbled into his room in sleepwear and was now wearing his oversized t-shirt. After a brief moment of embarrassment, she gathered herself. "I need to get ready..." She then rambled to herself, "Makeup, and coffee, and food, and clothes..."

"You're fine without makeup." Shota stated bluntly, and then felt immediately ashamed by his very forward comment.

She released a small, wry smile. "Thanks, Shota." And then she approached the wall that was between their apartments. "But I still need to pull myself together. You know, maybe put on a bra and some pants." She never once unfolded her arms that protected what little remaining coverage she had, but she still attempted to chuckle to ease the uncomfortable atmosphere.

Just before she disappeared, the man called out, "Wait, Sumi-"

When she turned around to look at him, he didn't know why he stopped her in the first place. He didn't know what he wanted to say or if there was anything to say. He rubbed the back of his head and freed his messy hair around his shoulders. Defeated and uncertain, he dropped his shoulders lazily and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Ah, sorry. See you later."

As soon as Sumire was safely in her own apartment, she placed her hand over her racing heart, unsuccessfully attempting to calm it. She was so embarrassed by what happened and knew that her face was now redder than it had ever been. Not only had she had shown how weak she truly was to Shota, but she also vulnerably told him the truth about her quirk as crazy and obscure it sounded, even for the world they lived in as a society of odd identities and abilities.

All the while she was basically half-naked.

There was no way Shota would let her live it down. There was no way he would just let it go and forget about it. She had to live in the humiliation of seeing him again and facing him in public. She groaned dramatically and sunk into the well of shame.

Needless to say, she was late to work that morning.

Busy with Sumire's own job, she didn't run into the man once that work day until later in the afternoon. Chances are, they were each avoiding each other out of embarrassment.

But they did work in the same school, so it was inevitable that they'd see each other. While the students of class 1-A had a period with another teacher, Shota headed to the teachers' lounge where most of their desks and computers were housed. Alternatively, she had her own office near Principal Nezu's because her nature of work tended to be more private.

No one else was walking down the empty hallways, but that didn't help the tension that flooded the air when Sumire saw the intimidating dark-haired man. She felt like she wanted to disappear, but she was staring right into red eyes that were surely keeping her from doing just that.

As soon as she got close, he grabbed her and pulled around the corner into one of the narrower, less noticeable hallways. He pushed her back to the wall and placed one arm above her, and his other hand on her shoulder, keeping her from using her quirk.

He leaned over her, much too close for comfort. She couldn't keep herself from blushing, especially after the events of the previous night.

"Did you tell anyone?" Shota growled with a bitter frown.

She blinked rapidly. "W-what?" She couldn't remember every being so flustered by a man, much less the laid-back and grumpy one who didn't have the energy or drive to humiliate her further than what she had already done to herself.

"Did you tell anyone?" He repeated more angrily. And then he became a bit shy, flicking his dark irises away and loosening his grip on her shoulder. "About, you know, last night..." He trailed quietly, barely audible above a gruff whisper.

"God, no." She answered. "It's freakin' embarrassing." She muttered, equally as shy as he was. "Why would you think I'd say anything?" She furrowed her brows and bantered back.

He clicked his tongue irritably and backed off from her, allowing her to relax slightly. He turned his back to her and scratched the back of his head uncomfortably. "Midnight was saying strange things."

"Damn you, Midnight." She said under her breath, knowing she had her own questionable experience with the unnecessarily suggestive woman... and was reminded of the handcuffs she was given.

He looked over his shoulder, careful to not look anywhere else but her charcoal eyes upon recalling her rather revealing clothing the previous night. "This stays between us, right?"

"Please." She smiled awkwardly.

"Good."He grumbled and began to walk away. "Just... knock next time."