Jerk On The Phone

(Name) swiftly stood up, gently pushing Annie back into her seat by er shoulders, ''I'll go check up on him.'' Before the woman could protest, (Name) sped out of the room. She turned the corner, nearing the front door, in order to help Hogarth.

''Come on, over here,'' Hogarth said.

''This way, come on, that's it, keep coming,'' (Name) cooed, using her hands to gesture to where it needed to go. She quickly wondered how it knew what it was doing as it couldn't see nor hear, but she quickly dismissed it. He was a robot from out of Space! You don't need to question something when it has that kind of Origin story.

They get it to the front door. (Name) opens it and sees a tall, ginger man - Kent Mansley. She freezes, wondering what to do now. Hogarth practically leaps over the robotic hand and slams the door shut just as Kent began to talk. The two shared a scared look. They nod slowly, trying to formulate a plan, they turn to the hand, only to see that it's gone.

''Hogarth?'' Annie asked from the kitchen. Kent knocks and rings the doorbell. ''Hogarth?''

Hogarth groaned before opening the door, (Name) peeping over his shoulder.

''Hey there, kiddos, scouts. Kent Mansley, work for the Government. Your parents home?''

''We're eating,'' Hogarth said, sending the man an annoyed face.

''Mmm, boy,'' Kent said, trying to force his way in as Hogarth began to close the door.

''Forcing an entry is illegal,'' (Name) said, stepping out from behind Hogarth.

''You got yourself a smart one,'' Kent mumbled, staring at Hogarth for a second. (Name) was about to repeat her previous statement when Annie stepped into the hallway.

''Who's there, honey?'' Annie asked, making her way to the front door. She took the handle from Hogarth and opened the door some more. Kent fell forward a little as he had been leaning on it a few seconds ago.

''Oh, hello there,'' Kent says, looking up at Annie before standing up and clearing his throat. ''Do you have a telephone I could use?''

##Yes, there's one in the kitchen,'' She told him, gesturing to where the room was.

''Well, thank you very much,'' Kent smiled. Annie left to got back into the Dining Room. Kent looked down at the kids, who were silently glaring at him. Mansley, he thought to himself, they're kids, you must refrain from copying them. ''Here,'' He said instead as he placed a hat on (Name)'s head, it fell and covered her eyes, if it wasn't for her button nose it would have completely covered her face. ''Pretend you're a gangster,'' He chuckled as he left for the kitchen.

Hogarth steps in front of (Name), reaching forward to lift the hat up, he does so slightly, bending down in order to look up it. He meets her eyes and shoots her a funny face. She giggles as she fully removed the hat. Hogarth took it from her and carelessly threw it out the open window, a bored look on his face. (Name) laughed again, using her hand to cover her mouth as to not make too much noise.

Meanwhile, Kent had finally managed to get a hold of General Rogard, who was sat at home, watching TV. '''Dammit, Mansley! You call me at home for this?''

''You don't understand Sir - It. Ate. My. Car,'' Kent told him, rubbing his forehead.

''And you saw this happen?''

''No, I didn't actually see it. It went off into the Woods,'' Kent sighed, knowing this didn't help him out at all.

''So you don't have any evidence?''

''But Sir, I've got an eye-witness!'' Kent quickly said before the General could hang up.

''An eye-witness with a concussion,'' The General rolled his eyes.

''This thing,'' Kent said. ''This thing is a menace. It tore up the Power Station, it cause a train wreck!''

''What did? Tell me again Mansley, and this time - listen to yourself.''

''A Giant, Metal Monster.''

The General's laugh came through the line, echoing through Kent's ears, haunting him.

''Please, Sir, I've got a feeling about this one.''

''That's lovely, Kent. But let me try and explain how this works: if you told me you found, say, a giant footprint, I might send over an expert to make a plaster cast of it. Hell! You get me a photograph of this thing and I could probably get some troops over there! But you tell me you've got a feeling?''

''Alright then, fine. You want evidence? I'll get you evidence! And when I do, I'm gonna want a memo distributed-''

''-That sounds swell-'' The General hags up the phone.

''-I'll want a memo carbon-copied and redistributed-'' Kent finally hears the dial tone and slams the phone down. He did it again and again, growling in frustration. The three turn to look at him. Kent freezes before hanging up properly and running a hand over his hair, smoothing it as he composed himself. ''Hey, thanks for the use of your phone.''

Annie smiles, nodding as she stood up, the children following pursuit as all three of them led Kent to the door. ''Well, thank you again, Mrs?''

''Annie Hughes. And this is my son, Hogarth and this is my daug - friends daughter, (Name),'' Annie told him.

''Thank you, Annie, Ho-bart, (Name),'' Kent said, walking dowN the porch steps.

''That's Hogarth,'' He corrected in an annoyed tone, shouting after Kent.

''Jerk,'' (Name) added, no one messes with her friends. Hogarth snickered, glancing at his friend.