C H A P T E R 37

He held my hand and went on his knees. Then, the spotlight was on us.

   " Nichole,  I'm not the best at giving emotional speeches but all I know is that you complete me, Nichole Winston.  Ever since you became a part of my life, my life has become really beautiful.  I love you so much. I love everything about you. Your smile, your laughter and your every move. I love watching you. I love hearing you speak. I love being with you. Life without you is meaningless. I agree we've had to go through alot in the past and maybe in future too but I assure you that together, we'll face the beautiful life ahead. Please make me the happiest man on earth by agreeing to be my wife once again. "

    He opened the ring box and in it was the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen. I closed my mouth in awe as soft tears rolled down my cheeks.

       "Nichole Winston.... sorry Nichole Reynolds, will you do me the honor of being mine again and forever?" He asked, smiling lovingly at me.

    I looked down at his soft but firm hold on my hand. It feels like a dream really. I can't believe my dreams have finally come through.

    I mean, I know it's been months since Xander and I have started this beautiful journey together. 

     Over these months, life has been super great for me. Everything's been going well for Xander and I. He shows me how much he loves me everyday. I couldn't been more grateful for the husband that I have.

      I admit that he tends to be really possessive over me most times but I kinda like it. It makes me super duper special. It assures me that Xander is mine and vice versa. I just love this man so much. He means everything and what could be better than having to spend my whole life in the arms of my beloved. 

     "Nichole, please say something." Xander's voice said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

   He looked kinda nervous and worried. My poor baby.

   "Yes, Nichole.  Say something." People chorused.

     "I... yes.  I'll marry you." And immediately, he slipped the ring through my fingers. He kissed my phalanges but I pulled him into a hug.

     I couldn't stop smiling and crying at the same time.

      "Nichole, are you alright?" He asked, still in my embrace.

    I nodded and whispered an 'I love you.' And I felt him smile.

****************************

      "Gosh, girl. You gave us a fright there. I seriously thought you were gonna refuse him." Micky said as she dropped her fork on the plate.

    "Yep. I  totally thought so too. You were just staring without saying  anything while my poor Romeo was dying with worry." Zac teased and Xander rolled his eyes.

    I stared down at the beautiful ring on my finger. "I'll never do that to him.  I love him." I responded. 

   "And I love you too,  baby." Xander responded, giving me a kiss on the cheeks.

    I blushed crimson and whispered a 'why are you doing?' to him.

    "What? You are my wife, remember? I can kiss you whenever and wherever I want. It's my right." He replied out loud and everything burst out laughing at my expense.  I fanned my cheeks a little.

   "By the way, what do we call you guys?" Zac asked

    "Pda couple?" Micky suggested and I roller my eyes.