1: White

"Uhh... Uhhh."

I look around to find the source of that sound.

And my eyes landed on her.

She's reaching out for a book a few inches taller than her.

Her wavy long brown hair shaking as she jumps up and down.

I walked up to her and helped her reach the book. She just stood there, surprised while watching me.

"Is this the one?" She nodded shyly.

'The Book of Humans' I gazed at the book I was holding and handed it to her.

"Thanks," she nodded and left.

My favorite place nowadays has been the library. As an idol, this place gives me peace. When I'm not in my studio writing songs, I'm here to look for books that could inspire me.

Books about mental health, love, poems, sometimes about greek mythology. Most of the songs I already wrote came out from this library.

I come here not too often, twice sometimes thrice a week if the dorm is too loud and chaotic. And everytime I'm here, I always see her.

I wonder if she comes here everyday or maybe, we coincidentally just have the same schedule of going here.

But I don't have a definite day to go here, I just go whenever I want or whenever I can. And she's here every time.

I sat down one day on the chair in front of her.

I didn't do it on purpose, it's just this is my place here. This table is located at the far end of the library, far from everyone. I always sit here so no one would recognize me.

And it's her first time sitting here, as far as I know.

I scan the books that messily lying in front of her.

An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth, Search for Meaning and Ikigai. Right now she's reading Angels and Demons with her eyebrows furrowed.

I wonder why she seems interested on that genres.

About living.

"This is ridiculous," she annoyingly rolled her eyes as she plopped the book down with a loud thud.

I puzzlingly looked at her, together with some people reading nearby.

"Uh sorry," she shyly bowed to us and lowered her head.

"What are you reading?" I unconsciously asked.

It just slipped out of my tongue.

Even though I already knew the answer because it's written directly in front of me.

"Uhm.." she trailed off, fluttering her eyes, obviously surprised by me.

I was about to say I'm sorry and she doesn't need to answer me.

"Angels and Demons. It's a novel... about Angels... and Demons."

I smiled, "Obviously it is."

"Why are you always wearing mask and a hat? I couldn't see your face."

I was taken aback.

She asked nonchalantly, like we've been friends for a long time.

And it's feel good, because I don't feel awkwardness.

None at all.

And It's really like we've been friends for a long time.

"So no one would see me," I answered smiling a little under my mask even though she can't see it.

"Why? Are you afraid of something?" She put one of her hand under her chin and tilted her head to the side, staring at me.

"Why are you always wearing white?"

I changed the topic.

And I'm also curious, because every time I see her, she's always wearing white from head to toe.

The first time I saw her, she's wearing a white dress. Now she's wearing a white top with a white skirt and white sneakers.

She looks heavenly.

"It's my favorite color." She consciously looked down at her clothes, "Is it weird?"

I waved my hands, "No, not at all."

"What's your favorite color then?"

"Black."

"It's dark."

She smiled, grabbed her books with a little struggle, and went away.

She didn't even bid me goodbye.

She just walked away and left me.

Left me hanging.

I still want to ask more.

I like to know more of her.

-

Some days I found her sitting on the couch, reading as usual.

I always sit next to her and she's not even bothered.

I just sit next to her. We don't talk at all but I can still feel the connection between us.

Like we're friends all along.

Or is it just me who's feeling this?

Some days I see her laughing with the old librarian lady.

Her laugh is like a music to my ear.

It's full of joy which gives me energy after a long tiring day.

I want to hear it more often.

I really do.

But how? I can't even find the courage to talk to her.

I can't find the right words to say.

-
A/N: So this is my first book. Thank you for reading, and I promise you the story will get better... and longer chapters. ❤️