{39 Private talk with Namjoon

Your POV

You follow Namjoon to his bedroom where he sits down on his bed and motions for you to sit down on the chair at the desk in his room. Expectantly you wait for him to start talking, you're a little scared what this is all about.

''Okay,'' Namjoon sighs loudly, ''firstly, I want to say that I am really glad Yoongi finally found someone to share his life with. Sometimes, he can be a little bit of a loner and it's really good to see him live up like he has the past few weeks.''

''Thanks,'' You reply, ''I too am really happy I found him and that he changed his mind about the whole situation. It must have been a difficult decision for him, but I'm really glad he chose to give this a chance. I know that he has talked to you before the other members and have known for while that he met me. Thanks for keeping it a secret, by the way, I appreciate it that you gave him the time to tell everyone himself.''

''No problem, it was what he needed, a little time'' Namjoon replied, ''Yoongi is a good man and he seems to love you, but-''

Namjoon pauses for a moment and sighs deeply. Now it was coming, what he wanted to talk to you about nervously you fumble with your fingers, but quickly change it to twirling a lock of hair around your finger thinking it would look less awkward but would still keep your restless hands busy. In the meantime, Namjoon had stayed silent for a moment as if he too was nervous.

''Y/N'' Namjoon begins, ''I have known Yoongi for quite a lot of years now and even though I'm really glad that he has found you, but I'm also afraid.''

''Afraid?'' You raise an eyebrow at him, ''What do you mean?''

Namjoon stands up from the bed and walks over to his closet and picks up a random figure standing on it. You watch how Namjoon plays with it in his hands, restlessly turning it over and examining it at all angles.

''Look,'' Namjoon says and turns back to you, ''I know he sometimes might seem cold and sarcastic, but that's all a facade. Deep inside he has hidden his emotions, carefully stored in a box hidden by his sarcastic comments and blank expression.''

''I know,'' You replied and watched Namjoon's serious expression changed to surprise.

''You do?'' He asks, ''How?''

''I can feel everything he does, we're soulmates'' You explain, ''Éven if he wanted to he won't be able to hide even his deepest most hidden emotions from me.''

''Oh wow,'' Namjoon walks back to his bed and sits back down on it and entwines his fingers and leans his elbows on his knees, ''That's interesting, I knew soulmates where able to feel each other emotion but I didn't know the effect would be that intense. Then how much do you already know about his past?''

''His past?'' You ask surprised and try to think what he has told you about it, only to realize you don't know, ''To be honest not much, I can only feel it right when it's happening. It's not like I can tune into his emotions and pry into his memories, it doesn't work like that. It's more like a direct connection, if he's sad I am, if he's happy so am I.''

''I see,'' Namjoon says, ''Has he told you anything about it?''

''No..'' You look at the ground, even though you knew it was not your fault you felt as if you should know these things, you are his soulmate. The more you thought about this the more you realized how little you knew about him. Yes, he has told you things but nothing of significant importance. Except for that one time he had broken down he hasn't told you anything about his past, but then he wasn't himself, the things he said weren't the whole story. Though you couldn't say you didn't know anything, you were a fan. A huge fan and you always knew all the ins and outs since their debut and you read his lyrics read the rumors going around the internet, but how much is true?

''I thought so,'' Namjoon replied, ''He hasn't told the whole story either, even though I've been his friend for years and we share almost everything. He has told me bits and pieces but never the whole story.''

''I don't know if this is appropriate to ask, but I'm curious,'' You looked back up at Namjoon, ''His lyrics and the speculations about its meaning and the stuff they wrote online about his parents not supporting his career is any of it true?''

''Yeah, it is,'' Namjoon sighs, ''That's the only way Yoongi seems to be able to express his feelings, through his lyrics. I know he has talked to someone about his problems before and he has learned how to deal with them himself, but I think he still has some things left unspoken. I can't tell you what they are, simply because I don't them myself. Besides, the aren't mine to tell, but I do think it would be better if he has someone he could trust enough to tell the whole story too.''

''And you think that is me?'' You ask Namjoon.

''Yes,'' Namjoon replies, ''I wouldn't have talked to you about this on the first night we met, but lately, he seems to fall back into his old patterns.''

''What do you mean?'' You curiously ask him.

''Again, it's not my place to tell,'' Namjoon replies, ''But let's say that last week he seemed to struggle with himself more than usual and it concerns me. It might just be because with you in his life he needs to refind his comfort zone, but still, I'm a little worried.''

''Wait, last week?'' You think back to Yoongi's break down and him sobbing on the phone, ''You're talking about last Monday right?''

''You know about that?'' Namjoon eyes sparkled with interest, ''He told you what happened?''

''Not exactly,'' You mumble, ''You know I told you I could feel his emotions right? Yeah well, that's how I knew something was going on and then I called him and well... Yeah, he seemed to have some kind of anxiety attack he had me worried, but after talking to him he seemed to calm down. I later saw the performance went alright. So I guess I did something right.''

''You called him and he picked up his phone?'' Namjoon asked surprised and chuckled sarcastically, ''I guess you have more power over him then I do, he never picked up when I called.''

You chuckle softly, ''Well, I'm his soulmate I should have at least some influence. Was this what you wanted to ask me?''

''Yeah, I was just worried that he was hiding everything from you and that it would eventually cause friction between the two of you. I just wanted to give you a heads up that Yoongi is more sensitive then he lets on, but it seems my worries weren't necessary he has told you much more then I would have ever expected,'' Namjoon explains, '' I guess all I want to say to you now is to take good care of him, I hope the two of you will be happy and I hope that one day he will trust you enough to tell you the whole story. And please Y/N don't hurt him, he has been through enough in his life already.''

''I won't,'' You said determined, ''I promise I won't, I would never.''

----

So no scolding about how bad she is at Mariokart haha. It was really interesting reading what you guys thought Namjoon wanted to ask her and some of you were kind right, it was about their relationship. Maybe different then some of you would have expected.

What do you guys think about Yoongi's past? What is his story?

This story has just reached over 300K!!!!!!! I want to thank all of you for loving and supporting this story!!!! I never thought this story was going to be so popular!!! I love you guys!!!! Thank you!!!

Random Character fact:

You, Jieun and Haneul all have dated someone before but it never was serious. No one has a serious relationship before the age of 27 because there is always the chance of finding your soulmate.