CH. 10 Bruised and Battered

"Kade, I'm scared," I muttered as I pulled his shirt back- stopping him from exiting the side door.

Kade turned back, and let out a long, irritated, sigh.

"Violet, are you serious? I promise we won't get caught when you're with me, I'm the sneakiest after all," Kade reassured to me with a wink.

I rocked back and fourth on my heels for a second.

What would happen if we got caught? Should I even trust Kade?

"Ok fine," My mouth says before my brain can comprehend the whole idea of what we're about to do.

Kade smiles at my agreement, and pulls my hand; tugging me out the door with him and shutting it quietly behind us.

"AutoThots roll out!" Kade whisper shouts, peaking his head around the side of the house.

"Kade, I think the phrase is 'Autobots roll out'," I laughed quietly.

Kade snapped his head to me, and rolled his eyes, "Violet. I know. I'm not stupid. It was a joke calling you and I thots, you idiot."

My mouth formed an 'o' shape and I nodded my head in understanding.

"Gotcha..." I replied, clicking my tongue.

Kade stared at me for a second, shaking his head and then turned back around. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me forward to the front of the house, tucking us into a slim space between some bushes and our house.

We peeked our heads up from the bushes, and became captivated with the scene in front of us.

"So you like to pick on little girls, hm?" Lucas bit at West, shoving his chest.

West scoffed.

"What, it's not like you don't talk to her condescendingly either!" West shouted at Lucas.

Lucas cracked his knuckles, straightening up in front of West.

"I know we don't have any set rules for the rest of you boys, but- I thought it went without saying that Lance, Chase, and I dictate around here. You, do not," Lucas snarled back at West.

"Stay in your place," Lance grunted at West, making him flinch at the depth of his voice.

Lance laughed at West's reaction, and stretched his arms above his head.

"You ready to run, Westie?" Lance snickered, licking his lips.

West gnawed his lip in confusion.

"What do you mean?" West questioned to Lance.

"He means you have a 10 second head start before we hunt you down," Chase laughed, rubbing his hands together criminally.

West's eyes darted from Chase, to Lance, to Lucas.

"You're kidding, right?" West asked Lucas, releasing a puff of air.

Lucas just stared back at West blankly.

Lance tucked his lips in, looking to Chase, trying not to laugh at West's frightened state.

Chase, then, put up both of his hands, fingers sprawled out, "Ten, nine, eight..." He said, putting his fingers down numerically.

"What the?" West questions, his voice tense.

"You might wanna start running," Lance told West, nudging his shoulder.

"Seven, six, five..." Chase continued- his fingers  rapidly decreasing.

"Shit," West grumbled out, turning his back to his brothers, and darting down the street as fast as he could.